Sign in to follow this  
Space Cowboy

P2A and X-Life Traffic - X-Plane 11.50b10

Hi all,

are there any experiences with P2A and X-Life traffic? I use X-Life Deluxe with X-Plane 11.50

and I like the traffic with very well aircrafts and performance. The X-Life ATC isn't really convincing, therefore I decided to buy the phantastic P2A. Unfortunately I don't able to see the X-Life traffic on

my P2A screen. The flight config settings for AI-Aircrafts like in the topic AI Traffic with X-Plane from Wailbal concerning WT3 is obviousely not possible for me with X-Life.

Maybe I overlooked something or I didn't noticed an important setting.

Any advice are most welcome!

Rolf

Hi Rolf

I think none of the traffic can be shown in TCAS with 11.50 as I understood Laminar made changes on the way the AI traffic appears.

My post before was on WT3 and I switched to Traffic Global, but until update 11.50B10 still not appearing in TCAS. 

I've been following the forum here and I think David here is figuring it out, still I love P2A I'm continuing using it, BTW 11.50 still in beta.

Regards ,,,

Wail

It's working just fine for me.  I've now tested X-Life, TrafficGlobal and LiveTraffic with P2A and the latest beta of X-Plane and they all work just fine.  I suspect WT3 should also work as long as it is set up correctly in TCAS mode with all 19 X-Plane AI Aircraft enabled.

Wail, what happens when you try WT3?

Dave

As far as I know, you just populate all the X-Plane AI Aircraft and start X-Life.  No TCAS setting. That's what worked for me.

On 6/11/2020 at 12:35 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

It's working just fine for me.  I've now tested X-Life, TrafficGlobal and LiveTraffic with P2A and the latest beta of X-Plane and they all work just fine.  I suspect WT3 should also work as long as it is set up correctly in TCAS mode with all 19 X-Plane AI Aircraft enabled.

Dave

I have uninstalled WT3 and switched to Traffic Global for the FPS gain, which I need in VR.

with TG and 11.50B10 still no traffic in TCAS, but I can see it is shown in P2A

If you don't have Vulkan enabled the AI system is the same as 11.41 and earlier, if you turn Vulkan on in 11.50 beta* then TCAS wont work unless your app's TCAS also works in multiplayer mode. The other advantage is that you don't need to add 19AI aircraft and lose performance when the traffic injector isn't running and it supports 50 returns rather than just 19.

Cheers, Andy.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Dave

Hi Dave , I have just bought P2ATC after my 10 day trial thank you for more than ! day testing. I am so new to all this but have found that I  would like to use x-life as well but cant see a way of seeing the AI Aircraft from it, am i missing something or does P2ATC only work with x-plane 11 AI Aircraft?? Love P2ATC though really immersive.  

Thanks

Right now you have to set up the X-Plane AI Aircraft and set your traffic engine for TCAS display.  

A future version of P2A will enable the new X-Plane datarefs that show more traffic and don't require setting up the AI Aircraft if using a third party traffic engine.  Of course, the traffic engine will have to populate these datarefs for it to all work.

Dave

Hi @Dave-Pilot2ATC,

I love your program and it is truly a life-line for those of us who want to interact by talking to ATC as in real life, so thank-you for that!

I guess this also means that we cannot get ground traffic taxi instructions at the airport for taxiing to and from the runway yet? I also use Traffic Global and ground traffic will have to be managed manually by me, by looking at TGs own flight path view map.  FYI, using the final release of X-Plane 11.50 Vulkan.

Edited by Byrna55

John

I love my iddy biddy Jumbo!

*system specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, ASUS ROG Strix B550F m.b., AMD Radeon X5700 8GB VRAM, 32GB RAM, ASUS 28" VG289Q 4K monitor @2560x1440p, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Samsung Evo 970 500GB, Samsung Evo 970 Pro 1TB.