Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

FO Runs through Flow But nothing Happens

Hi Gerald,

It's obviously something I'm doing but when calling for a flow on the Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE the FO goes through the flow but no action occurs. Would appreciate any thoughts.

harry

Edited by HarryS
Added wording

Harry S. | System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

9 hours ago, HarryS said:

Hi Gerald,

It's obviously something I'm doing but when calling for a flow on the Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE the FO goes through the flow but no action occurs. Would appreciate any thoughts.

harry

MCE and the speech engine are deliberately run as an external process (mce.exe) so that in the very rare event MCE malfunctions or speech engine goes unresponsive, your flight, the most important thing, stays put.. MCE logic, speech reco and FO audio run in "mce.exe"

Aerosoft buses switches and dials states reads and positioning are handled via "mcasoftA3X.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\, \Prepar3D v5\MCE dlls\ or \FSX\MCE dlls\ folders. Each complex aircraft is handled via its own dedicated ad-hoc dll.

While I was writing this, decided to check installer. Believe it or not, the file wasn't shipping in latest package. Thanks for reporting this unfortunate mishap.

So many complex supported planes and frequent updates that it's easy to break the package, when the latter is automatically generated and fails to include most recent files.

A new package will be uploaded today.

Assuming you installed latest MCE version, you can manually patch installation with files in this zip (includes dll that handles Aerosoft buses).  

Patch link

Still happening. Might want to have a look at the latest SDK to check on any changes. Let me know if I can help.

Harry

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair 240mm H100i Platinum AIO CPU Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme Graphics, HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB SSD, 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500 Case, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Saitek/Logitech X52 Pro

13 hours ago, HarryS said:

Still happening. Might want to have a look at the latest SDK to check on any changes. Let me know if I can help.

Harry

Is it A32X or A33 affected by this?

P3D V5 or V4?

Not sure about AS Airbus but can check. For now PMDG 744 & 748 battery on not turning on. Wing anti-ice turns on but FO says already off when asked for off. Windows heat turns on but not off.

Still might want to have a look at the latest SDK to check on any changes.

Harry

22 hours ago, HarryS said:

Not sure about AS Airbus but can check. For now PMDG 744 & 748 battery on not turning on. Wing anti-ice turns on but FO says already off when asked for off. Windows heat turns on but not off.

Still might want to have a look at the latest SDK to check on any changes.

Harry

Download latest patch

Thx

Installed patch. PMDG 744/8, Battery cover lifts, switch does nothing and cover goes back down. Wing anti-ice center switch goes on and off as requested. Both left and right switches do nothing when asked to go, on, auto or off.

Harry

Edited by HarryS
Missing word

10 hours ago, HarryS said:

Installed patch. PMDG 744/8, Battery cover lifts, switch does nothing and cover goes back down. Wing anti-ice center switch goes on and off as requested. Both left and right switches do nothing when asked to go, on, auto or off.

Harry

where is your PMDG 747 Simobject aircraft installed to? I mean the path.

Also, go to \Prepar3D v5\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\

Open "747QOTSII_Options.ini" and ensure

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Note: If you re-install aircraft, chances are the setting will be lost and it needs to be reset.

Normally, "mcpmd74V2.dll" checks that and ensures it is set as expected.

But then, if P3D not running as admin, Windows may not let it edit the ini file.

Edited by FS++

The Simobject path is e:\P3DV4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-8\

Prepar3D.exe is and always has been run as administrator.

Can confirm found:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Hi,

With all the recent updates to the PMDG 744 & 8 for P3DV4 & 5 I thought I might run a more in depth test. I setup a flow covering a typical flight from cold & dark and back again. All the switch/lever/button positions were tested for each switch/lever/button used during the flight accounting for 295 flow commands.

All but the following passed:

battery on (COVER OPEN ONLY)
battery off (COVER CLOSED)
battery on (COVER OPEN ONLY)

Harry

Hi,

i've been with Ben on this.

He pointed me to this thread.

Battery off IS working for me now!

Battery on is still NOT working. Only works if i put "battery on" twice in a flow.

Best regards,

John Cramer

On 6/26/2020 at 1:02 AM, FS++ said:

Is it A32X or A33 affected by this?

P3D V5 or V4?

Ran full flow test on AS32X with 300+ flow commands. All good.

Harry

12 hours ago, HarryS said:

Ran full flow test on AS32X with 300+ flow commands. All good.

Harry

Thanks for the report regarding Aerosoft A3X. series. Much appreciated.