Sign in to follow this  
ark

Lear35A Extended Range Tip Tank Mod

8 hours ago, ark said:

I don't see why the tip tank mod would impact the AP. The tip tank mod has nothing to do with the AP, and the latest changes to the tip tank mod are very minor. I assume you are using the latest ver of the Lear -- 4.3c. You could rename your current tip tank modded aircraft.cfg, Payload_Manager.cab and Lear35A.cab files (add _mod to each e.g., aircraft_mod.cfg) to back them up and then reinstall the Lear v4.3c to see if that makes a difference for some reason. Then to go back to the tip tank mod just return the three _mod files back to their original names. Before doing that rename the three original 4.3c installed files by adding _orig to their names. You can then switch back and forth without reinstalling the Lear as long as you save 'extra' copies of all six files with the modified names.

What are you computer system specs -- CPU, GPU, and RAM?

Al

The Learjet Immersion package edited my panel.cfg and changed vcockpitxx numbers around they were not counting up from 00 to the end right. I re-numbered them and started and the AP panel lights up as it should. Sorry!

33 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

The Learjet Immersion package edited my panel.cfg and changed vcockpitxx numbers around they were not counting up from 00 to the end right. I re-numbered them and started and the AP panel lights up as it should. Sorry!

Ah, good to hear all is working.

Al

Great Job! Was waiting for that!

As you had mentioned, there have been changes to the aircraft config file made, does these changes also have an effect on the actual flight dynamics?
Well, I mean there is some more additional weight added to the aircraft, which in fact has an effect on the aircraft performance
🙂
Don´t get me wrong, I´m absolutely happy about this mods and will test them for sure....just a bit curious

Cheers

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

38 minutes ago, JackJones said:

Great Job! Was waiting for that!

As you had mentioned, there have been changes to the aircraft config file made, does these changes also have an effect on the actual flight dynamics?
Well, I mean there is some more additional weight added to the aircraft, which in fact has an effect on the aircraft performance
🙂
Don´t get me wrong, I´m absolutely happy about this mods and will test them for sure....just a bit curious

Cheers

The aircraft config change had to do just with fuel quantity. I don't have info on changes to flight dynamics.

Al

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

All the button (little black circle) on the fuel counter does is reset it to zero regardless of current value or if the engines are running or not.  If engines are running it will count up pounds of fuel burn from where ever it is/was with one or both engines are started.
It can be reset to zero any time on the ground or in flight.
IRL it is very accurate as it counts the number of turns caused by forced rotation of a turbine by movement of uncompressible liquid fuel so their is no slippage.

My understanding is that the FSW35a uses an algorithm to compute fuel burned in pounds by the engines and it seems to be accurate in my more than 250 hours in the sim so far.

HeadwindH: Retired long time (30 years plus) Lear 24D and 35 driver.

Edited by HeadwindH