Sign in to follow this  
Klazz

Good GA for P3DV5

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

it's not THAT bad. It's not a study level plane but it's great to fly around.

Carenado are the most over-rated aircraft in my opinion. Very generic and boring to fly.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, vbazillio said:

One more point goes to Just Flight PA28.

As a real Piper's flyer, I appreciate the cockpit immersion this addon is created. I'm not much attract by flight models because at the end of the day I'm facing a screen with a joystick and my PC flight experience is limited. For example, A2A C172 Trainer flight models doesn't seduce me. I mostly use P3D addons that I fly in real.

40364219513_4ce0f6e658_b_d.jpg

Regarding place-to-buy, I have one strategy : buy directly to the producer/developper. Carenado has a store, so let's go and buy there. Just Flight has its own store : let's buy at Just Flight... etc.. etc... I don't see, from a customer perspective, the benefit of marketplaces : no real volume discount, no support from them.  Its personal and I can understand other may focus on my marketplace to ease purchase process.

Fellow PA28 pilot here, couldn't agree more. That and the A2A Cherokee. They are absolutely spot-on in comparison to their real-life counterparts.

17 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Carenado are the most over-rated aircraft in my opinion. Very generic and boring to fly.

It's almost like people have different expectation out of their plane/flight sim. Some like it hardcore study level sim others like to enjoy to fly around.  Not every single plane has to be an exact replica of the real thing. The price also reflect that the plane is NOT a study level plane. I flew with it all weekend and it was fun for VFR and easy to land. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Why not A2A, if I may ask. I usually get bored with the a/c I purchase (sooner I want), but never with A2A.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Klazz said:

Thanks for the tips. 

That's what I'm afraid of. The TBM850 from Carenado is one of the worst aircraft I've flown in a flight sim and I love that plane.

Heya Klazz, 

I am curious why you detest the Carenado TBM850 so much. Pretty much does everything I ask it to do in V4, now V5. Have to watch the weights and balance, but that is pretty much par for the course.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

54 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

Heya Klazz, 

I am curious why you detest the Carenado TBM850 so much. Pretty much does everything I ask it to do in V4, now V5. Have to watch the weights and balance, but that is pretty much par for the course.

Hi John,

It depends how you fly - on Carenado in general - they usually look and fly well enough - but if you can't put an RXP unit in it - you can't fly realistically. Anything with Glass Panel or FMC is based off the default FSX/P3D GPS and all the limitations that entails. If you just fly from Point A to Point B without deviation you can usually get by OK. If you add realistic ATC services that require changes to your flight plan during the flight - you'll be disappointed. For me - I just steer clear of their products with an FMC or Glass Panel and I'm much happier for it.

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I heard some people are modding the GTN750 into their Carenado TBM

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Any aircraft from A2A Simulations and perhaps the Milviz King Air. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

I’m curious why no A2A?  They are generally regarded as GA leaders and my experience with them has always been very good.  They’re well priced for what you get too.

Outside of that I get a lot of enjoyment out of the Milviz C310 if you’re ok with a twin, otherwise the Just Flight arrow iv is a great aircraft.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I hadn’t thought of the Milviz King Air as GA but I’d add that to my list as well, it’s a lot of fun to fly.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

A2A (in particular their Commanche and V35 Bonanza) are the must-haves for GA single fans. The good news is that A2A are, or at least were, working on a GA twin (Piper Aerostar) which would of course be awesome since we don't have an Aerostar and it was at one time the fastest GA hot rod twin around and it is certainly one of the best looking.

Worth a look too is the Lionheart Bellanca Viking which is very new. Its something a little different if you want a speedy GA single and it is fairly inexpensive. Not forgetting most of Just Flight's GA singles, especially their Socata TB10 and TB20 package, which offers a really excellent pair of GA tourers that are unusual and pretty too. Give Ant's Airplanes stuff a look as well, His Tecnam Sierra and Eaglet and his Drifter microlight are all brilliant and very inexpensive too.

Stepping up to the fancier twins, I'd recommend FlySimWare's GA twins (all of them) as being definitely worth having. And if you don't mind forking out a fair few quid, the new Milviz Beech King Air is a very good contender as well, being very close to the real thing in almost every respect.

With regard to Carenado stuff (and Alabeo), you'll hear a lot of differing opinions, but I think it is fair to say that most of their stuff does a reasonably okay job of simulating what it intends to. Where they tend to fall down is with more complex turboprop simulation (and support). A good example of that would be their Cessna C441 Conquest II, which looks great but is basically a hangar queen owing the the awful simulation of the engines. Fortunately, FlySimWare make a C441 Conquest II as well, and theirs is great so all is not lost if you like 441s. Lots of people slag Carenado off mercilessly, and whilst I won't say I have no issues with them, I think if you stick to the normally-aspirated engine stuff from Carenado and Alabeo, you won't be too disappointed, as they look great and fly pretty well. Of these, I recommend their Diamond DA42 Twin, and their Beechcraft D18S, both of which are really good fun. As far as singles go, take a look at some of the Alabeo crop duster agricultural types, as these are excellent too, especially in combination with Lorby's Crop Duster and Fire Fighter add-ons for P3D.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Alabeo Seminole and C421 are both very nice.. 🙂

Bert

The point about A2A is that it is the best value for money in flight sim if you divide flight hours by purchase cost they win because the flight model keeps you motivated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

What Glider Johnson said is right, dagnabbit! Even if you've not flown any A2As for a while, when you jump back into one you realise what quality you've got.

Is $50 enough for me to say that?

• Like 5

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thought OP asked about V5?

I could not get the DA62 to work and understood MILVIZ to release after HF2...