Sign in to follow this  
Klazz

Good GA for P3DV5

A2A. Period. Other GA unfortunately are not even close. 

• Like 1

A2A aircraft are masterpieces, you should just buy all of them. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Agreed, A2A hands down... the C182 and Bonanza are my favorite GA...

Faisal Niazi

I have two of the realairs but cannot install them. And I really would rather not reinstall 4.5 to install then copy the folders across. Bit of a bummer.

4 hours ago, Klazz said:

I have two of the realairs but cannot install them. And I really would rather not reinstall 4.5 to install then copy the folders across. Bit of a bummer.

Heya Klazz, 

I edited my registry to fool the installer to think there was an installed version of V4, pointing it at V5. Then, when the installer comes up with the folder name I just changed "V4" to "V5" and it worked just fine.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Just now, Howellerman said:

Heya Klazz, 

I edited my registry to fool the installer to think there was an installed version of V4, pointing it at V5. Then, when the installer comes up with the folder name I just changed "V4" to "V5" and it worked just fine.

Nice one mate. Could you possibly show me what to edit?

I don't have my sim computer fired up right now so can't verify, but my recollection (with guidance from the LM page) is the following will work.

Here is the LM page: https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124866

I also found guidance from A2A to be helpful: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70264

Messing with the Registry is always fraught with danger, but taking it slow and double-checking your work it should turn out fine.

• Upvote 1

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

A2A is based on olderr Cessna model They have all much better Garmin electronic in them now.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

A2A is based on olderr Cessna model They have all much better Garmin electronic in them now.

That's true. But there's no good simulation of Garmin G1000 for example.

7 hours ago, Howellerman said:

I don't have my sim computer fired up right now so can't verify, but my recollection (with guidance from the LM page) is the following will work.

Here is the LM page: https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124866

I also found guidance from A2A to be helpful: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70264

Messing with the Registry is always fraught with danger, but taking it slow and double-checking your work it should turn out fine.

Would that also work for the vertx da62?

2 hours ago, Klazz said:

Would that also work for the vertx da62?

IIRC, I did not have to fool the Vertx installer - I just pointed it at the V5 addons directory and all was well. I have heard some people have had troubles starting the engines, but I have not seen it. Works fine, which is a good thing since it is such a nice model.

• Upvote 1

John Howell

1 minute ago, Howellerman said:

IIRC, I did not have to fool the Vertx installer - I just pointed it at the V5 addons directory and all was well. I have heard some people have had troubles starting the engines, but I have not seen it. Works fine, which is a good thing since it is such a nice model.

Most likely because your registry still has the v4 edits. I'm gonna get it. I was waiting out to see if it would work without having to muck around with the files.

42 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

All installed ok. A few tiny bugs but nothing game breaking. The one big issue I have is, no sound in the cockpit.

42 minutes ago, Howellerman said:

All installed ok. A few tiny bugs but nothing game breaking. The one big issue I have is, no sound in the cockpit.

11 hours ago, Klazz said:

Is this for the Vertx? I had no issues, but for Carenado aircraft installed as an add-on I copy the contents of the Sound file over to the main P3D directory. That may work here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Howell