Sign in to follow this  
Mace

need help identifying aircraft

It's a Flight Design CT (Flightdesign Vertrieb). Flight Design is a German manufacturer. There are several variants of the type, all pretty similar. Like most aircraft of that type, it uses a Rotax 912 engine. If you are looking for a similar flight sim model, look for a Tecnam or Ikarus, as there are a few flight sim versions of those including one in development by Aeroplane Heaven, and two available from Ant's Airplanes and Sim720.

More about the company which makes the CT and variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Design_CT

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you both

I am re-creating the IAF's rtw, exact same route, using the A2A Cherokee.  I was wondering what the specs of their aircraft were.  That little thing is really pretty fast considering that low-hp Rotax.  They took 236 hours, I am at about 130 hours and I've gone 2/3 of the way around the world.

I wonder how they prepositioned fuel in Russia?  Indian Air Force pull with the Russian AF?  Isn't avgas not widely available in Russia?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

IAF's relations with the Russians can't be that bad, they currently use the following Russian types: Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan MiG-29, Sukhoi Su-30, Beriev A-50, Antonov An-32, Ilyushin Il-76, Mil Mi-17, Mil Mi-26 and Mil Mi-24. That's a lot of stuff.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Chock said:

It's a Flight Design CT (Flightdesign Vertrieb). Flight Design is a German manufacturer.

Ah, that may explain why the IAF's RTW routing took them thru Eggersdorf flughafen (pardon my deutsch), which may well be a production facility for Flight Design CT.  It has a big field of solar panels there, too, which is interesting.

In my flight I made sure to land at Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, where the Cherokee model I'm using was produced (after the flood in '73 they changed to the Piper Arrow and moved production to Vero Beach).

Rhett

50 minutes ago, Chock said:

IAF's relations with the Russians can't be that bad, they currently use the following Russian types: Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan MiG-29, Sukhoi Su-30, Beriev A-50, Antonov An-32, Ilyushin Il-76, Mil Mi-17, Mil Mi-26 and Mil Mi-24. That's a lot of stuff.

The Soviet Union leased a nuke sub to the Indian Navy (a Charlie I class!) back around 1990 so, it doesn't surprise me.  That shows a lot of good relations I'd say.  They must have allowed prepo'ing of avgas.  You need to get in that C-119 / C-82 and drop off some barrels for me, to Khavarbovsk - Amure, Okhotsk, Magadan, and Provideniya.  After that I'm in Nome and the home stretch.

Rhett

If you are using X-Plane, here's an excellent version.

Best - Phil

https://store.x-plane.org/VSKYLABS-Flight-Design-CTLS-Project_p_1027.html