Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Along the Great Divide (Part 2)

Along the Great Divide (Part 2)

Starting at West Yellowstone (KWYS) our route takes us into Yellowstone National Park over the Geyser Basin before descending down into Jackson Hole before landing at our first stop at Jackson Hole (KJAC).  Departing to the southeast we fly over the Wind River Range to Lander Wyoming (KLND), then south to Rock Springs Sweetwater (KRKS).  The next section of the route is over the Green River and Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area to Dutch John (33U) airstrip.  We will continue east over the Green River 25 miles before turning south and following the Green River to its junction with the Yampa River in Dinosaur National Monument.  Following the twisting Yampa river canyon east eventually reaching Yampa Valley (KHDN).  The final leg is south to Eagle County (KEGE).

The route is 481 miles. 

Documentation
The flightplan can be found here.

Aircraft
Mustangs Anyone?   What better way to tour the mountains and valleys of the Rockies than a fast pony.   As always you are free to fly what you like.

4hiT8rM.jpg

Scenery
The flight looks best with the payware Orbx CRM regional scenery.  Today’s flight also features three Orbx payware airports: KWYS, KJAC, and KEGE. 

Particulars
Date and time: June 13, 2020. 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is 
here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked
 here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 4

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

For fear of really messing things up by guessing, what is the proper method to add your name to the spreadsheet?

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

9 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

For fear of really messing things up by guessing, what is the proper method to add your name to the spreadsheet?

Ted

Just add it on an empty line.. have added you to line 29..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just add it on an empty line..

Thanks Bert. There weren't any before but I see one now.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

1 minute ago, Ted Striker said:

Thanks Bert. There weren't any before but I see one now.

Ted

Done for you Ted.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Done for you Ted.

Thanks Ron, I was wondering what was going on. :laugh:  Now all I have to do is install the P-51, Teamspeak, FSJoin, and figure out how to use them.....

1 minute ago, Ted Striker said:

Thanks Ron, I was wondering what was going on. :laugh:

Me too.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That was a fun flight guys. Thanks for putting that together Josh. I was embarrassed how much I forgot about flying the A2A P-51 so after the flight I reread the manual. Ironically in the history section it said that the very first Mustang crash was due to a fuel tank switching issue. I don't feel so bad now. :biggrin:  That doesn't excuse my final landing at KEGE though. :blush:

Ted

I guess, as an unofficial photographer, I have been slacking!
All the shots have been taken, chosen & uploaded.
It seems I have been forgetting to post the results. ((
If you feel the need you may.... ( click here ) HA!!!

Here are the shots from the past few flights.

Saturday, 30May20, “ Along the Great Divide (Part 1)
Saturday, 13Jun20, “ Along the Great Divide (Part 2)
Sunday,  14Jun20, “ Alpine Valleys

• Like 2

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

😂
Haha!! 
Yeah I created 2 models from my favorite childhood sci-fi shows.
If Join FS cannot find a match guess what?  A spaceship it is!
Makes it real easy to go through the aircraft list and find the odd man out -or- to see if one changed aircraft mid session.

Default SingleProp=SHADO Interceptor(FSX)
Default TwinProp=Space 1999 Transporter
Default Airliner=Space 1999 Transporter
Default Rotorcraft=SHADO Interceptor(FSX)
Default Glider=SHADO Interceptor(FSX)
Default Fighter=SHADO Interceptor(FSX)
Default Bomber=Space 1999 Transporter

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap