Sign in to follow this  
aspeedbirdpilot

Aircraft ground speed decreasing very quickly while taxing

Hello i recently bought rudder pedals for my simulator (Thrustmaster T.Flight rudder pedals) and i use the twist feature on my joystick as a tiller (i have un-assigned everything on the joystick apart from the twist rudder control.) I also have FSUIPC but i have not calibrated or configured the rudder pedals in FSUIPC. I have deleted the assignments for the rudder pedals and joystick in P3D and re-assigned the brake left, brake right and the axis to control the rudder correctly. My sensitivity for the rudder in 65 and for the brakes 80 with a null zone of 1. The issue comes when taxing the aircraft (100% sure it's not the weight that i had with the PMDG 777, 747, 737 NGXU.) Previously, when taxing, if i applied little thrust to roll the aircraft forward (before getting the rudder pedals) the aircraft would taxi fine on idle power for quite some time without bleeding too much ground speed. However, after getting the ruder pedals, after applying little thrust to taxi and to roll the aircraft forward the aircraft's ground speed would just bleed off extremely quickly and come to a complete stop. I know it is probably not a problem with my addons as prior to getting the rudder pedals everything was fine and i also know it is not P3Ds ground friction model because everything worked fine before the rudder pedals were plugged in (I also know how aircraft roll forward on taxi ways in real life to a certain extent). I also think that i do not have FSUIPCs custom ground friction on (because i couldn't find anything on the ini file.) I also have not used Thrustmaster's configurator and i have their latest driver installed. If anyone could help i would appreciate it. Thank you.

Extra information:

- For flying the aircraft, i use the Honeycomb yoke fully (configured correctly in FSUIPC)

- For the throttle, i use the one in my joystick (Logitech 3D pro and configured in FSUIPC just for the throttle)

Disconnect the pedals see if the problem continues. If it does not,it's possible the rudders are sending a brake signal to the sim.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Disconnect the pedals see if the problem continues. If it does not,it's possible the rudders are sending a brake signal to the sim.

Vic

This could also be confirmed by enabling the red "Braking"  messages that appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. 

11 hours ago, garydpoole said:

This could also be confirmed by enabling the red "Braking"  messages that appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. 

Or you could enable the logging of events and axis controls in FSUIPC to see whats happening.

Hi guys thank you very much for all the suggestions. I have tested the brakes using FSUIPC only (for the brakes) and the problem seems to have been fixed. I will begin now a test flight with the PMDG 777 and i will let you guys know the results from the flight. Thank you very much

... and would I be right in thinking that the PMDG 777 itself will show if the brakes are dragging as it monitors brake temperatures as part of its study level systems? Call it up on an EFIS display...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hello guys so just to give you all an update. First of all thank you very much for all the replies i really appreciate all the help. Having done two flights on the PMDG 777 and QW787, i can confirm that for the moment the issue has been fixed by letting FSUIPC take over the brakes on the aircraft (using the rudder pedals.) There was no red message indicating any input from any of the brakes prior to assigning the brakes on FSUIPC. If anyone has some suggestions for a good 'slope' configuration with the brakes (on FSUIPC and for airliners in general) i would really appreciate it. Thank you very much