Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Orbx FTX Central Question

Hello - I just purchased a new computer and had installed P3DV5. When I went to install Orbx Central, the default file path came and i changed it to another drive. When I installed global base, it did not install into P3Dv5. I ended up doing a factory reset and it looks like I still can't get that default location to show up again. I want to leave it installed in the default location. Is there something i can do to fix this?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

One thing I did was create a folder on the drive I wanted ORBX library's installed, in my case ORBXV5 then pointed C4 to it and all was good.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Global Base replaces the default texture files and is not a scenery so it does NOT show in the scenery list. Look in ORBX Central and you will see that it is installed.

• Like 1

I did a complete factory reset and reinstalled P3dv5, made sure there was no trace of Orbx on my computer, and yet when I went to install OrbxCentral after that no file path came up for which to point the installation to. It was as if it remembered the first time I installed it and continued to try to install Orbx Central into that same location. I had created an OrbxP3dv5 folder in my D Drive where P3d is, but after it installed Central in that folder it started installing other Orbx folders outside of that folder. That seemed to be a problem Also, I know Orbx Global doesn't show up as an addon inside the scenery list inside the P3dv5 interface, but i didn't see the Orbx Global folder in my Prepar3dv5 folder in explorer. I will check again when I am done with work and see if the problem persists.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot