Sign in to follow this  
alexgorider

THE A333 OF AEROSOFT HAVE THE CORRECT MAX FUEL????

Hi to everyone,the last 5 months i've been thinking and studiying the QRH of some airlines and the official of airbus,and i see that the aerosoft 330 have only a max fuel capacity of 78.5 ,and the official QRH indicates that the A333 have a total fuel capacity of 97.1 tons of fuel and for example in the QRH of iberia indicates that can reach up to 78.3.I can't make normal flights with normal pax number and payload,what can i do??Thanks

Edited by alexgorider

Wikipedia says: 97.286 Liter = 76.370 kg 😉

So maybe you got a little confused about tons and liters?

I haven't had a problem to fly more than13hours with ~277pax and some cargo!?

EHAM -> SAEZ is more or less the max range.

Ralf

Edited by skystar

13 hours ago, skystar said:

Ralf

1 Liter is 1 kg true?

13 hours ago, skystar said:

Ralf

Also did you use real time and weather,wich was your ZFW and your GW and your fuel remaining at SAEZ?

Jet A  (SG=0.8)
  • Litres / Liters = 1.00
  • US Gallons = 0.26
  • Pounds (lbs) = 1.77
  • Kilograms = 0.80
  • Imperal Gallons = 0.22

Just to add the 330 burns about 5.5 t/hr so it should be able to do comfortably 10 to 12 hrs endurance with a good load of pax and cargo. I know Finnair runs it on Hel-Hkg so it a very capable plane.

2 hours ago, alexgorider said:

1 Liter is 1 kg true?

No, Jet A1 density is not the same as pure water. It also varies by temperature. In most common conditions its specific gravity ranges from 0.77kg/liter to 0.81kg/liter. So 0.80 is a good rule of thumb as posted in the table above.

As an Aerosoft representative, I have a lot to add to this discussion, though we only provide support via our forum (and it's always best to go directly to the source when asking questions).  That said, if you are having issues it's very likely that you have a very old version of our A330.  Please contact me via Private Message (here or via the Aerosoft forums) with your purchase details and I will be very happy to provide the information necessary.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Alex got back to me via Private Message (thanks Alex!).

The A330-300 comes in several different flavors, but where fuel is concerned there are basically two types, one with and one without a center fuel tank.  The Aerosoft Airbus Professional A330-343 does not have a center fuel tank, so the maximum fuel capacity is 76.56 metric tons, or 168.79 KLbs (thousand of pounds).

Getting the fuel right for long hauls is a true science, and dispatchers spend a lot of time getting this right and adjusting loads.  Really, it's all about the weight.  I'm sure you're familiar with the example that if you're off by a degree for a few feet it's no big deal, but if you're off by a degree for a mile or more it can make a huge difference!  Same thing for weight/fuel planning, the longer you fly the more accuracy counts, and in our world that means getting the weight right for the trip and taking into account fuel burn, weather, etc.

The Aerosoft Fuel Planner does not take into account several things which are important for an accurate loadout, so we recommend people use Simbrief and along with our fuel planner (which can then send all the correct figures to the aircraft for instant loading if you prefer).

I've created a pretty accurate SimBrief Aircraft Profile for the Aerosoft A330 and provided step by step instructions for how to compute the fuel required for a flight.  Using both should help tighten things up for you.

LINK:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148534-a330-fuel-planning-performance-data/

I sincerely hope this helps!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 hours ago, algy10 said:
Jet A  (SG=0.8)
  • Litres / Liters = 1.00
  • US Gallons = 0.26
  • Pounds (lbs) = 1.77
  • Kilograms = 0.80
  • Imperal Gallons = 0.22

Thanks really useful mate

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Alex got back to me via Private Message (thanks Alex!).

The A330-300 comes in several different flavors, but where fuel is concerned there are basically two types, one with and one without a center fuel tank.  The Aerosoft Airbus Professional A330-343 does not have a center fuel tank, so the maximum fuel capacity is 76.56 metric tons, or 168.79 KLbs (thousand of pounds).

Getting the fuel right for long hauls is a true science, and dispatchers spend a lot of time getting this right and adjusting loads.  Really, it's all about the weight.  I'm sure you're familiar with the example that if you're off by a degree for a few feet it's no big deal, but if you're off by a degree for a mile or more it can make a huge difference!  Same thing for weight/fuel planning, the longer you fly the more accuracy counts, and in our world that means getting the weight right for the trip and taking into account fuel burn, weather, etc.

The Aerosoft Fuel Planner does not take into account several things which are important for an accurate loadout, so we recommend people use Simbrief and along with our fuel planner (which can then send all the correct figures to the aircraft for instant loading if you prefer).

I've created a pretty accurate SimBrief Aircraft Profile for the Aerosoft A330 and provided step by step instructions for how to compute the fuel required for a flight.  Using both should help tighten things up for you.

LINK:  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/148534-a330-fuel-planning-performance-data/

I sincerely hope this helps!

Thanks sir i've been using siembrief a long time ago i add the avergae weights of people depending the country,cost index etc 

2 hours ago, alexgorider said:

Thanks sir i've been using siembrief a long time ago i add the avergae weights of people depending the country,cost index etc 

Sure, understand. But if you go to the topic I linked to, you'll be able to use an Simbrief aircraft profile made specifically for the A330 and it will improve your fuel planning accuracy.  But you always need to adjust the ZFW for each and every flight, and that, well, that comes from the steps I provided in the linked topic.  What do you want to bet my way is better, more accurate and faster?  LOL!

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Someone at AS should proof their work.  For me the Aerosoft A333 in both v4 and v5 the Vehicle selection window Performance section of the Aircraft it reads Maximum Range 6,350nm 11,759km,  and Fuel Capacity 240,712lb 109158kg. That comes right from the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg.  Not an issue where someone would feel mislead in buying at all, but, a source of confusion for anyone that may actually look at that field (as I do occasionally). 

It also has a typo and lists the Maximum Gross Weight  242,000lb 533,000kg

Joe

Joe Lorenc

5 hours ago, Joe L said:

Someone at AS should proof their work.  For me the Aerosoft A333 in both v4 and v5 the Vehicle selection window Performance section of the Aircraft it reads Maximum Range 6,350nm 11,759km,  and Fuel Capacity 240,712lb 109158kg. That comes right from the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg.  Not an issue where someone would feel mislead in buying at all, but, a source of confusion for anyone that may actually look at that field (as I do occasionally). 

It also has a typo and lists the Maximum Gross Weight  242,000lb 533,000kg

Joe

It all been fixed already and included in the next update.  We've known about it for a while, but had higher priorities to work on.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges