Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Usable scenery ...and Lorby's Addon Organizer

I really enjoy having Lorby's Addon Organizer on my desktop; however, I seem to have to go to it so much in order to use the scenery I want to use.

Let me explain.  If I sync my simulator in ORBX Central, it drops down some of my most used scenery.  I like to keep UK 2000 Liverpool, Manchester, Fly Tampa Las Vegas and Fly Tampa Princess Juliana near the top of my Library.  Why do I want it up near the top?  Because if its down too far in the Library, it doesn't display the purchased scenery....it displays the default airports.  So, if I want to fly out of Liverpool with my purchased scenery, I have to bring Liverpool up to the top of the library (or close to it).  Not too long after that, though, I may add some new scenery or SYNC my simulator in ORBX for some specific reason, and ORBX takes my preferred airports all the way down.

So, I would like to think that if I purchase expensive, beautiful scenery of airports I want, that I'll be able to go there without having to adjust my Library all of the time.  Some of my best airports always end up so low in the library that they don't display unless I manually move them.

Is there any way to avoid all this manipulation without screwing up the ORBX Library?  There must be!

Stan

Did you define an insertion point for your ORBX titles via OC?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

22 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Did you define an insertion point for your ORBX titles via OC?

It seems I did not do that.  Thank you.  Exactly how many sceneries can I place at the top? Is it unlimited or will too many affect the scenery cfg in a negative way?

Thank you.

Stan

Nemo is right, you have to define an insertion point. Arrange all your beloved airport sceneries above it. There is no limitation of the number, I had much more than a hundred above the first ORBX entry under P3D4.5.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, spilok said:

It seems I did not do that.  Thank you.  Exactly how many sceneries can I place at the top? Is it unlimited or will too many affect the scenery cfg in a negative way?

I mentioned this 2 or 3 weeks ago when you were having layering issues and I remembering getting a firm yes that it was set properly when mentioned.  It could have saved you a lot of time since then to have checked it.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Keep also the following in mind with OrbX sync. If you have manually disabled some bgl files of the OrbX portion, what needs to be done with some scenery add-ons to prevent from conflicting with OrbX, you have do go thru it again after sync because Orbx replaces the "missing" bgl´s.

Lorbys Manager works great together with OrbX, as long you have set the scenery insertion point correctly. I have on the top all other sceneries (Aerosoft, T2G, JustSim etc.) and i have put my homebase EDDH from JustSim below all those others. And this is where i´ve set the insertion point in OrbX, below EDDH from JustSim. But don´t forget to activate in Lorby´s Manager the option "enforce strict package law". 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

There is also a backup/restore option in Lorby's Manager so If anything goes wrong in the order, you can use restore.

9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

I mentioned this 2 or 3 weeks ago when you were having layering issues and I remembering getting a firm yes that it was set properly when mentioned.  It could have saved you a lot of time since then to have checked it.

Yes. Sorry about that.  I had thought that I knew how to do it....seems I really didn't until yesterday.  I was a big Central Version 3 user and refused to give it up for the longest time.  Central V4 is something I'm still learning the intricacies of.  I miss elevation adjustments and Migration adjustments that were in V3.

You know, that's why I love this forum.  You are always learning something every day or so that helps us with this hobby.  Thanks again.

Stan 

5 hours ago, BerndB said:

Keep also the following in mind with OrbX sync. If you have manually disabled some bgl files of the OrbX portion, what needs to be done with some scenery add-ons to prevent from conflicting with OrbX, you have do go thru it again after sync because Orbx replaces the "missing" bgl´s.

Lorbys Manager works great together with OrbX, as long you have set the scenery insertion point correctly. I have on the top all other sceneries (Aerosoft, T2G, JustSim etc.) and i have put my homebase EDDH from JustSim below all those others. And this is where i´ve set the insertion point in OrbX, below EDDH from JustSim. But don´t forget to activate in Lorby´s Manager the option "enforce strict package law". 

Hmmm.  That's another example of learning something every day!  Thanks for the tip.

Stan