Sign in to follow this  

I've copied the database files across and I'm still showing a difference between the two PCs (although it's only around 300 fewer airports in the non-Flight PC tho).

It's not a big deal, just a little annoying. Especially since I still don't have any parking spots on the non-Flight PC. Strange!

Still love LNM!

Cheers

Warwick

Edited by Maaarp

9 hours ago, Maaarp said:

I've copied the database files across and I'm still showing a difference between the two PCs (although it's only around 300 fewer airports in the non-Flight PC tho).

It's not a big deal, just a little annoying. Especially since I still don't have any parking spots on the non-Flight PC. Strange!

No, no, no. The database contains all stuff shown. Airports have to show up in equal numbers and shape.

Make sure to reset map display settigns and reset airport search and the numbers will be euqal.

Either something went wrong when copying (wrong file, wrong folder?) or you're still looking at the Navigraph database (Scenery Library -> Use Navigraph for all).

Alex

4 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

Hey Alex, what folder am i suppose to copy the database file too, on the non flying pc?

See pinned post in this forum. To see the folder go to "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database Files". This will open the Windows Explorer, Apple Finder or whatever is your default file manager showing the path.

Do not forget to close LNM before copying.

Hi,

Is it possible to modify the path where the database is stored?

I have a NAS and it would be convenient to place the database files on a network share and point both the "flying" and "remote" computer to this (unc) path and use the same database files. (And yes, I am aware of the possible conflicts of running the software at the same time on both computers.

Best regards

Good afternoon!

For several days I cannot solve the problem ...

At home: X-Plane is on one computer, Littenavmap is on another and everything works without comments, wonderful.

In the office, the same computer with X-Plane , but a different computer for Littlenavmap - I can't connect them together.

I ask the community to suggest possible solutions to the problem.

Nav Map-2.6.2.beta   Litttle Navconnect 2.6.2 beta   (ae31619)   

On 10/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, emvlad said:

In the office, the same computer with X-Plane , but a different computer for Littlenavmap - I can't connect them together.

You want to connect the office computer to the home flying computer?

This needs firewall configuration changes at home and probably something like Dyndns.
Alex

Good afternoon!

I'll clarify my situation: At home, both computers work in pairs - no problem.      If I take the same computer with X-plane to the office and try to combine  in the office, but with a different computer on which it is installed LittleNavMap - nothing happens ...

In the previous version (2-45 in my opinion) everything worked. .!       Now - I cannot achieve it.                          Now, I ask you to clarify what is meant     "This needs firewall configuration changes at home and probably something like Dyndns."

If possible, what to check and where?

Thanks!

@emvlad Nothing has changed in the network code from 2.4.5.

What OS do you use on the computers? macOS Catalina?

What means "nothing happens"? No error message?

I can only see a firewall issue.

46 minutes ago, emvlad said:

Now, I ask you to clarify what is meant     "This needs firewall configuration changes at home and probably something like Dyndns."

Ignore this. I was just shooting into the dark due to missing information.

Alex

Judging by the current situation, I suppose it is necessary to check the computer that is in the office and is installed on it  LittleNavMap!                       If I use ONE  computer in the OFFICE with X-Plane  and LittleNavMap   - everything works successfully! Windows-10 on all computers.

I will send errors, that appear during the process of establishing communication between computers in the coming days.   Thank you for your attention to me!

Hi Alex,

I have LNM running on a networked PC with LNC on the server. When I buy new scenery I run Load Scenery Library onthe server and it creates files and folders in Appdata\Roaming\ABarthel.

The instructions say to copy those files over to the client but when I do that I lose my preferences on the client.

Which files do I need to ignore so I can retain my preferences please?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Which files do I need to ignore so I can retain my preferences please?

Hi Ray,

I guess you copy the whole "ABarthel" folder which will also overwrite all settings. Depending on simulator and Navigraph subscription you only need to copy one or two database files like "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db\little_navmap_msfs.sqlite" for MSFS, for example.
Other sim database files are "little_navmap_p3dv6.sqlite", "little_navmap_xp12.sqlite" and "little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite". The latter one is updated with the Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

Do not copy rest of the files, especially everything not ending with .sqlite.

Alex

22 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Depending on simulator and Navigraph subscription you only need to copy one or two database files like

Sorry Alex, I should have mentioned my sim. It’s P3Dv5.3HF2. So it looks like just the two…

little_navmap_p3dv5.sqlite and little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite as I have a Navigraph sub.

Many thanks and my appreciation for your skill and generosity in producing such a wonderful addon. 👏

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Many thanks and my appreciation for your skill and generosity in producing such a wonderful addon.

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words! 🙂

• Like 1