Sign in to follow this  
CptJackSparrow

Purchased RTX 2070 and i7 9700F 4.7Ghz. Will this cut it?

Yes it will. I ran 4 and 4.5 on an 8700k and 1080ti. Kind of similar specs and I had no issues at all mate.

Awesome, was thinking of getting the 1080ti but amazon didn't offer any deals / most seem to have been removed in replace of the 2080 😞 

Anyway cheers for the reply mate. Put my nerves at ease. 

Edit: 

Are you able to run it looking absolutely gorgeous? I just can't wait for those window rain effects on the 737... orgasmic if you ask me. 

Edited by CptJackSparrow

Not quite. Without weather I can crank all settings to max and still be smooth. Once some cloud cover sets in she starts to slow down. You would need quite a hefty rig to run everything on max. I was more than happy turning a few things down a notch. The extra oomph in your cpu will help.

I7 9700k, RTX 2060 Super 8Gb & 32Gb RAM on my recent build runs P3Dv4 at solid 60fps with Orbx , Active sky weather, Rex texture direct and quality payware aircraft.  Don’t have PMDG (can’t stand to part with the money after already buying them for FSX) but ifly 747 is pretty good although it’s the one plane that brings fps into the 50’s. Those rain effects on my a2a and milviz aircraft together with some lense flare through broken clouds bring so much immersion.

Happy flying.

Edited by zonda12s
Update gpu spec

Yes!!! I cannot wait GTX 2070 coming tomorrow. 

Ik how you feel its a bit harsh to make us pay another 100 something just to have it on a different game 😞 Maybe if torrenting didn't exist within flight sims it would be a different story. 

Had the same conflict myself when moving to p3d. 

Good to hear yours runs smoothy and cheers! 

Edit: would you recommend I get more RAM? got 16gb crosshair ddr4 plus 8 on the GPU. 

Edited by CptJackSparrow

I have i5-9600k no o/c and 2070 Super.  I’m very happy with it running p3d 4.5 and most of the top tier addon planes.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

update for anyone who's interested, 

Decided to go for the i7 9700K for better oc. 

End result is insane, maxed out graphics at EHAM with PMDG 737 solid 20 and smooth. 

Landing same goes usually even better smoothness. 

Well worth the investment! 

• Like 2

I'm sorry i don't know if i'm  in the right post , but would like to ask you guys something about this simulator.  i have  Intel Core Processor i9-10920X Twelve-Core 3.5GHz (Turbo 4.8GHz), GIGABYTE GA-X299 Motherboard , and video card  RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 with SSD NVMe M.2 and 32 Gb memory do you think that is enough for Prepar3Dv5 specifications? intresting about lag and frames .. Thank you. return here in forums n simulator after several years of absence

Edited by georgio1952

29 minutes ago, georgio1952 said:

I'm sorry i don't know if i'm  in the right post , but would like to ask you guys something about this simulator.  i have  Intel Core Processor i9-10920X Twelve-Core 3.5GHz (Turbo 4.8GHz), GIGABYTE GA-X299 Motherboard , and video card  RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 with SSD NVMe M.2 and 32 Gb memory do you think that is enough for Prepar3Dv5 specifications? intresting about lag and frames .. Thank you. return here in forums n simulator after several years of absence

You should be ok

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I don't know how people answer these kind of questions without knowing what resolution will be used.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.