Sign in to follow this  
spilok

V5 Hotfix can't come soon enough!

3 minutes ago, spilok said:

No.  I'm trying to find a way to fix it without resorting to changing the overclock.

It's not an overclock issue Stan.

For those of us not in the select, never had an issue with V5, don't know what you're talking about, the problem is with your machine, or you, group, it's an LM problem.

Sit back, wait for the hotfix 2 (from the Latin meaning the actual realease of V5) and hope for the best.

That's my plan.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, newtie said:

It's not an overclock issue Stan.

For those of us not in the select, never had an issue with V5, don't know what you're talking about, the problem is with your machine, or you, group, it's an LM problem.

Sit back, wait for the hotfix 2 (from the Latin meaning the actual realease of V5) and hope for the best.

That's my plan.

Cheers,

Mark

Exactly, don't mess with your OC, LM needs to sort things out. I mean some of these responses are responsible for more gray hair than is necessary. 

Edited by SolRayz
  • Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, airservices said:

I notice all the guys having these problems seem to have OC systems

I have a i7 8700K GTX 1070ti and run @ 4.6 ghz

have not had 1 problem with P3Dv5 I run all ORBX scenery and only fly addon aircraft

I have deleted all stock aircraft as I have done with all the other P3d don't know if that has anything to do with it but it works for me

I also run REX sky force with no problems

Same machine here, I was happily running 5.0 ghz when I used V4.5. But rolled back to 4.7 ghz no AVX for V5 and turned off HT. All my flights are now smooth. And no CTDs so far. Nearly 100 hrs of long hauls in the PMDG B748 and Aerosoft A330.

• Like 1

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

I feel our fellow simmers' pain, I wish I had a magic tweak, but unfortunately I don't. But I'm not sure how oc'ing could be the only culprit, at least on my PC with an oc to 4.9, I get incredibly smooth performance with v5hf1. I beta test, so I throw quite a bit of stuff at my sim, changing times-seasons etc., yet it's rock stable. All I'm suffering from is vram challenges on my 8GB card.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

10 hours ago, spilok said:

I seriously look forward to coming to this forum every day.  But lately, I come to this forum hoping to see IF Lockheed Martin has released a new Hotfix for P3dV5!  Can't wait.  Today, I flew an Swiss Airbus 220 from Shannon to Liverpool.  Took off from Liverpool enroute to Bern, Switzerland, to get my plane back to its Country.  There I was, sitting by my computer, simultaneously watching TV, having a Stella Artois and a few German hard pretzels.  It was fun and very enjoyable up until about 200 miles from Bern when I heard that sound interruption that signaled the sim was going to CTD.  Sure enough, it did.   About 1 in every 4 of my long flights ends this way.  Up until then, things run rather smoothly with a few bumps along the way albeit some pauses and occasional deep drops in FPS (which usually recover).  

I've tried a lot of things with changing my settings variables every which way possible, changing my frame settings both in and out of the sim, using FFTF and not using FFTF, etc., etc.

There's a rumor the LM will fix the majority of CTD episodes with their next Hotfix, but we'll see.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated after several hours of simulation that ended with a big "implosion"!

Stan

It is the new unannounced feature. LM blocks you from flying if you eat pretzels, oops, sorry. I mean if you have alcohol in your system.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I had a a "DXGI error" in London with ORBX FTX England and MaddogX on normal settings in 4K , 1024 textures with a audiotone like the on of the BSOD attitiude.

Tried out lowering the Factory OC from my EVGA GTX1080Ti 11GB back 150mhz and a second run with historical weather from ASP3D made it stable so far.

Not sure VRAM and DXGI is related ? I dont get the OOM message as VRAM sits around 6GB/10.1GB

Looking forward to getting back my 2048 textures though at scenerys.

Oh boy the smooth experience really hits you .

Did a 4.5 flight in the NGXU and also missed out v5 EA.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

9 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Not exactly true for me, but I think I've only seen one or two CTD's since released in April and those have been my own fault. Overall the sim is very stable even with the known issues. I complete daily flights over two hours with no issues. Still, I wonder why so many are having troubles.

Anyway, yea, bring us HF2!   

Yep the same. v5 is very stable for me, a lot better than v4. I had maybe 1-3 CTD from 15 of April and I use P3Dv5 every day.

And the best tweak - change your hardware, simply.

Many things must be improved in HT2 but generally I more happy with v5.

• Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I agree with YoYo, I hve had minimal CTD's since changing my GFX card to a 1080Ti, this was probably the best thing I ever did and maybe in hindsight help me when eventually 2020 gets released. There are glitchy issues I see everyday but I am happy to wait for HF2 which hopefully will remedy some of these.

I have been really close to installing 4.5 again as I see the beta FSLabs being streamed almost daily and I am really mssing this aircraft right now but it is the ONLY thing I would reinstall for and based on that, thats what stopped me from doing so.

I do think its all been a bit of a mess though, and I am guess I might be one of the lucky few who do not have catastrophic problems with their installation.

The only thing I hope that is in the search for graphic CTD's that LM are able to provide a fix ( like the texture swapping one ) to enable people to use lower settings if they wanted to and not mess with the ability to have the higher settings as well. The visuals in V5 are a lot better than V4 generally and I hope nothing is done to radically lower these. IMHO the minimum card you should be aiming for is a 11gb VRAM card or higher, any lower and with the great demanding scenery we have nowadays, I feel you are chasing the settings all the time and that gets boring after a while.

Time is ticking for them to release this HF2, there are a lot of companies and developers who are holding back from V5, but dare I say it, something else is round the corner and there is not infinite time to get this sorted. I hope people are working 24hrs a day at LM to sort this out as soon as is possible.

Edited by Steve_Ellis
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

40 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Time is ticking for them to release this HF2, there are a lot of companies and developers who are holding back from V5, but dare I say it, something else is round the corner and there is not infinite time to get this sorted. I hope people are working 24hrs a day at LM to sort this out as soon as is possible.

Not much of a holding back, we are actually testing HF2 and preparing our add-ons for it. Most companies are saying they are waiting for HF2 because they have it and know what they can do now with it 😉

S.

• Like 3

I agree with Steve

Phenomenal perfomance compared to 4.5.

My CTDs seem to be related either to my old 8Gb graphics card (DX Device hung thingy), or to Orbx sceneries (mostly VCruntime140.dll). I also had problems when my Orbx scenery order was all messed up which disappeared once I rearranged it correctly. Massive improvement though since I bought a GTX1080 ti.. I have a 6 yr old PC (i5 4690K Win 10 Pro, 32 Gb of 1800RAM mechanical hard drive with P3D on). Mostly ultra smooth high or even phenomenal FPS and rock solid. I have Orbx and use Real Air and Carenado GA excliusively with F1's GTN750. My EA is on and set to ultra and autogen all up to the right. I pedalled back to 8x AA and that improved things.

In defence of LM I would say if you have a completely stock version of P3D v5 with no add ons and default planes - and absolutely no Windows or hardware instability, and it still crashes then I guess you can look to LM and v5. 

As people keep on saying, v5 is a very different beast to the other versions. In many ways it's a completely new Sim environment. So these issues are perhaps not surprising. I think the main issue with LM was that they released a sim that was OK in itself but had perhaps never been seriously tested with all the add ons we all expect to use in a vast variety of pc environments. That's a guess, as I'm also aware some manufactuers had been working with LM for a good while already.. But that's not the same as testing released products in real world environments perhaps.

I would say LM had probably not not  been able to do enough testing with the available add ons before v5 was released (even HF1). So there is considerable work still to do I'd guess. I hope this does not take months. Then, once HF2 is released, all the manufacturers will start to release their products; FSL, Rex, Ultimate Traffic and many sceneries as well more updates from existing releases. And then no doubt there may be more crashes and another HF...The difference iwith P3D v3 and 4 was they already had a mature add on population to test before release, so these problems were ironed out largely beofre those releases. Although - look at v4.5 and all the CTDs that had.

Just a few musings anyways

Ray

• Like 1

I have not had any technical issues with regards crashes in V5.  Performance is good and for me, it's stable.  

However, since using Enhanced Atmospherics, I cannot go back to what we had before.  It's just awful and finding suitable shader mods is a pain.  My biggest issue overall, is the rapid TrueSky weather shifts - even with Active Sky.    One moment - full overcast, next moment  - clear skies and vise versa.    Very jarring to the immersive experience.  As a result, I've taken another flightsim break and haven't flown for about a month.  I really hope this is addressed in this hotfix and not 5.1.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I have not had any technical issues with regards crashes in V5.  Performance is good and for me, it's stable.  

However, since using Enhanced Atmospherics, I cannot go back to what we had before.  It's just awful and finding suitable shader mods is a pain.  My biggest issue overall, is the rapid TrueSky weather shifts - even with Active Sky.    One moment - full overcast, next moment  - clear skies and vise versa.    Very jarring to the immersive experience.  As a result, I've taken another flightsim break and haven't flown for about a month.  I really hope this is addressed in this hotfix and not 5.1.

Is this the case with the other online weather software currently compatible with V5? FS Global Real weather? Just trying to narrow down if this is a limitation of TS or the weather being injected to it.

S.

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Is this the case with the other online weather software currently compatible with V5? FS Global Real weather? Just trying to narrow down if this is a limitation of TS or the weather being injected to it.

S.

I haven't used any other payware weather programs.

But now that you've cast some doubt, Id be interested to now whether others are having the same issue.

51 minutes ago, simbol said:

Is this the case with the other online weather software currently compatible with V5? ...

Not seen that in Ideal Flight.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com