Sign in to follow this  
spilok

V5 Hotfix can't come soon enough!

7 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Not seen that in Ideal Flight.

Thanks Steve,

This re-enforce what I am thinking, maybe it is the way weather is being injected rather than True Sky Hi-Fi for V5 is still on Beta I am sure they are still working on tweaking it up.

S.

• Like 1

I have a sudden change of weather with Active Sky, as in the early stages of P3Dv4

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

Thanks Steve,

This re-enforce what I am thinking, maybe it is the way weather is being injected rather than True Sky Hi-Fi for V5 is still on Beta I am sure they are still working on tweaking it up.

S.

I have just installed the latest beta versions of AS (beta 4).  Nothing in the change log which specifically mentions that this has been addressed but will give it a go (as it's Friday)

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

Yep the same. v5 is very stable for me, a lot better than v4. I had maybe 1-3 CTD from 15 of April and I use P3Dv5 every day.

And the best tweak - change your hardware, simply.

Many things must be improved in HT2 but generally I more happy with v5.

Yes, I've been using basically every day, v5 is a lot of fun and very addictive.

It is demanding of hardware, my 2080TI is often maxing out so you can't have too much graphics card (unlike previous sims).

The only problems I have are BSOD crashes on occasion which are partly due to my overclock I think. v5 really pushes things, so you MAY have to dial your overclock a notch if you're having problems. For me, it's happening once a week or so when I go silly with settings. I also think there's been less problems since I updated to windows 2004.

For those having problems, appraise your addons critically. Using Simstarter, I have a "bare bones" profile that allows me to deselect almost everything. Then I add back only the xml-based addons and old-school scenery that I need. I'm avoiding more complex addons such as couatl for now, despite the dev stating that it can not cause crashes.

One other thing that really seems to have helped my stability is to uninstall and then reinstall the client. Haven't had a BSOD crash since I did that, and my night environment apps were refusing to install, so it does seem that the client can become corrupted. Only takes a few minutes to do, everything should still work after you do this, as you're not removing the non-LM files.

Also, choose your addon aircraft carefully. OP is getting crashes with Virtualcol plane. Virtualcol is pretty much the bottom of the pile quality-wise (sorry guys, and yes I still do buy your planes!). The ported NGXu definitely gives me crashes on occasion too. For a nice, stable airliner I am going to recommend the Maddog, brilliant plane and it seems to play very nicely with P3D v5.

Happy v5 flying, all! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Love your sig!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

18 hours ago, spilok said:

Today, I flew an Swiss Airbus 220 from Shannon to Liverpool.

Stan

Hey Stan.  I seem to recall you were embarking on a mission to master using FMS's in airplanes.  How is that going?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

41 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Hey Stan.  I seem to recall you were embarking on a mission to master using FMS's in airplanes.  How is that going?

Hasn't moved lately.  I am waiting to see how P3dv5 smooths out before buying a significant aircraft that is compatible.  I WILL work on it....I keep promising myself.  Something else always comes up during this pandemic.  I even bought Mike Ray's manuals on how to do literally everything in an aircraft!  

Thanks for the kick in the a_ _!  I needed that.  Maybe I'll start dedicating some time to learning the FMS today.

Stan

• Like 1

it is well worth it.  you will see.  chucks guides are great also to get you started

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I have a sudden change of weather with Active Sky, as in the early stages of P3Dv4

Beta#4 is always unstable. Same problem and also flashing clouds.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

No CTD’s for me, but something with my ORBX scenery is causing my sim to stutter regardless of where I am flying. If I disable trees, the stutters are gone. The sim is smooth as can be until I take off.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

be interesting to see if aerosoft, qw and pmdg stil keep using their "but its beta" get out of jail card for the issues after the hotfix.

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/12/2020 at 1:09 AM, airservices said:

I notice all the guys having these problems seem to have OC systems

I have a i7 8700K GTX 1070ti and run @ 4.6 ghz

have not had 1 problem with P3Dv5 I run all ORBX scenery and only fly addon aircraft

I have deleted all stock aircraft as I have done with all the other P3d don't know if that has anything to do with it but it works for me

I also run REX sky force with no problems

which addon aircraft out of interest ?

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/12/2020 at 1:55 AM, SolRayz said:

Exactly, don't mess with your OC, LM needs to sort things out. I mean some of these responses are responsible for more gray hair than is necessary. 

this is the whole point, whilst I agree messing around with reg hacks to install the 737 into v5  and suchlike is a recipe for disaster.

but its buggy as hell, even Rob admits it.  shame the other LM fans wont as well.

but LM are never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever admit theirs a ton of issues.  Liabilty.  and neither will the devleopers.  Liabilty.

mean while people are redoing over clocks going out to buy 1080tis and all because they wont admit they released a unfinished v5.  It pains me to say it but if Rob says its going to be gash until v5.1   then its going to be gash until 5.1

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

which addon aircraft out of interest ?

I use the following aircraft : Aerosoft Otter and Catalina

Alabeo: Cessna 310 Piper Tomahawk, Piper Seminole

Ants : tiger moth Pro

ATS : AN-2 Antonov

Carenado : cessna 185,  Pilatus PC-12

Just flight : piper arrow turbo bob hurricane

Milviz : sabre. PC-6, comanche beaver

Lionheart Creations: Piper pacer

Realair : Spitfire , super cub

Baytower : Vans rv7

SMS : Vampire

Iris : Pilatus PC-12, driver21

Piglets : Grumman Tiger AA5B

To get everything working  I got the DLL_XMLTools 64 from P3Dv4.5  and put it into P3Dv5 main folder also disabled true glass and real light in most of the aircraft that use these 2 items

Edited by airservices