Sign in to follow this  
irondan

Bump/stutters

Did some of you experienced some bumps with the GTN? When in a turn you can see the scenery bumping every few seconds. When using the other GTN system everything is smooth. I tried the half refresh rate but no joy.

Hi,

Do you mean the displayed FltSim scenery, or the GTN map page?

If the former, what is your FltSim version?!?

Is this happening over default (no addon) scenery too?

Is this happening with a default simple aircraft (no addon)?

Is this happening with no other addon than the GTN?

Have you changed GTN CpuAffinity setting?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, irondan said:

Did some of you experienced some bumps with the GTN? When in a turn you can see the scenery bumping every few seconds. When using the other GTN system everything is smooth. I tried the half refresh rate but no joy.

I completed two FSX flights today in my Real Air Turbine Duke v2 after returning home from an actual right-seat ride from Allentown, Pa to Easton, Md in a GTN equipped 182.  These two FSX flights were flown after the latest RXP GTN update as well as the recent Garmin trainer update.  The RA TDv2 is as complex a GA sim aircraft as I have experienced with a more that respectable load on my system.  Everything was as smooth as hot butter.  Over the past 30 months I have never experienced what you described.  My five year old system specs (except for my GPU card) are in my footer.  Hopefully we as fellow users and RXP support can help you resolve this, if it is due to something about your RXP GTN installation.  I seriously doubt it is about the product itself.

The actual flight today provided a live learning experience on the GTN 750 with an ad-hoc procedure turn which I then this evening recreated in one of my sim flights. I may post about that real world hands-on experience in the next day or two.  The ad hoc PT was due to uncooperative weather as a cold front and accompanying storms that were supposed to clear our destination well before our arrival time instead stalled out, leaving lingering storms and IMC conditions. Was time for the pilot to get us on terra firma as expeditiously as possible, so he was able to bypass the published transition, fly direct to the IAP, and do the PT to acquire the approach. The GTN did not offer that PT, or course reversal, so we had to enter it manually.  I am writing this some 7 1/2 hours later and that in-motion cold front has now become a stationary front still some 30 NM west of our destination.

Who taught these %^^$$#@%^&  weather-modeled computer systems to forecast anyway????  

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1. Flight sim scenery

2. Version = V5 hf2

3. Scenery addons : Orbx Global LC

4. A2A C182

5. Not happening with other addons

6. No change on CPU Affinity.

I reinstalled both 750 and 650 with a new scenario on the African continent and same issue again. I'll play with settings a bit more.

Still no joy. As soon as I install and use the GTN suite I have a big stutter every 5 seconds or so. Without it everything is smooth.

Wow. Sorry to say I spent about 30 minutes without success sifting through topics here (RXP FSX/P3D GTN) looking for any similar reports since V5 was released.  That so that I might point you toward any problem determination or resolutions others may have found. Just did not find any similar reports.  I did not however look over in the P3D forums here.  I am still rooted to FSX until I build a new system late summer or fall.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, irondan said:

Still no joy. As soon as I install and use the GTN suite I have a big stutter every 5 seconds or so. Without it everything is smooth.

It may come down to which CPU core you are running the GTN on.  Personally, I have never seen what you are describing..

• Like 1

Bert

15 hours ago, irondan said:

1. Flight sim scenery

2. Version = V5 hf2

V5 HF2?? 😉

• Like 1

Bert

18 hours ago, irondan said:

Version = V5 hf2

This is not a supported version, it is not even released yet!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)