Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 11th, 2020 - Development Update

Aaaw, today I got my alpha invite, and next week we'll be out on holiday. Should I tell the wife the hotel has canceled because of corona? 😁

• Like 6

Great update. Quite surprised to see a whole video on the partnership with MeteoBlue. I expected a bit of text and some images. Nice.

Even more surprised to find a golden ticket in my spam folder. What a beautiful morning!

52 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Love the mad scientist approach of the MeteoBlue co-founder

I bet he calls his plant Chuck.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 11

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

15 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Great update. Quite surprised to see a whole video on the partnership with MeteoBlue. I expected a bit of text and some images. Nice.

Even more surprised to find a golden ticket in my spam folder. What a beautiful morning!

I bet he calls his plant Chuck.

Happy for you ! Still no chance for me, but according to all the search work about location screenshots you’ve done, you deserve it ! Happy testing 🙂

A very good update about the partnership with Meteoblue.

And please DON*T bite my head of, but why is it that everytime there's an update thread, it quickly turns into oh, I'm finally in the alpha, or even worse, Why am I not invited in, I signed up on day 1.....really folks, It's getting very frustrated to hear the same whining over and over again.Please start a seperrate thread, and keep this one about what we see in the update.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 7

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 minute ago, hervef said:

Happy for you ! Still no chance for me, but according to all the search work about location screenshots you’ve done, you deserve it ! Happy testing 🙂

Thanks. I lost all hope a long time ago and was at the point where I couldn’t be bothered anymore. So there‘s still hope for all of you. I can still search for the screenshots I guess.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

And please DON*T bite my head of...

Yes, you're right. Sorry.

31 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Glad to hear! You earned it, with all your hard work.

• Like 3

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

9 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Actually, you're the only one I think really deserves to get into the programme, I's always exciting to see which places you have found, so enjoy it. 

• Like 5

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

14 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Good luck finding the location of the one taken from what looks like inside a house lol

• Like 3

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

18 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Good luck finding the location of the one taken from what looks like inside a house lol

Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

I’m a little confused by this update. Are they saying FS2020 will have forecasted weather as well as real time? 

One thing I’d say is that the lightning looks like slow motion.  

Edited by JohnH90
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rtodepart said:

You know what I found in my inbox???? Spam lots of spam 👌 nice update today 👌 

I found  an Alpha invitation, yeah

• Like 1

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

13 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

Why does the lightning look like it’s in slow motion? 

The first lightning was definately slow motion. I wish they'd quit playing around with the speed in these clips. It's just pointless.

• Upvote 1

The partnership with meteoblue was very interesting, and no doubt gives alot of potential in the sim for WX. Nice to see some Canadian cities featured, with Olympic stadium and CN tower looking pretty good. Although in all my years in Vancouver, downtown rarely had snow. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 pages of discussion but most of the posts are from people whining they are not in the alpha or they are now in the alpha. Wish we could have a thread talking about the update only. Tbh i don't think most people who come to this thread care if you are in the alpha or not and skip the posts to reach peoples opinions on the update.

Rant over. On to the update. Did he say 250million different weather areas in the sim? Wow that's amazing. For once it seems we can fly to more remote areas and not have to put up with a single generic weather pattern covering 250 miles. This is awesome.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3