Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 11th, 2020 - Development Update

5 minutes ago, sanh said:

Rant over. On to the update. Did he say 250million different weather areas in the sim? Wow that's amazing. For once it seems we can fly to more remote areas and not have to put up with a single generic weather pattern covering 250 miles. This is awesome.

and Meteoblue is not a new partner.
Two years working for FS.

Marc

FS2020alpha, P3D v5 - W10 - i7-8700k @4.7GHz - Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti-O11G-Gaming - Noctua NH-U12S - SSD Samsung 970 Evo M.2 PCIe NVMe 1To - Cooler Master G650M - HP 35" OMEN X 21:9 3440x1440

Actually the batteries on the table of the video go into one direction or the other depending on the initial velocity and angle plus if its charged or empty.

• Like 1

They have not been working with MS in any of their previous sims, so yeah, they're a new partner.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Historical weather would be a nice option to have.....

• Upvote 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I am so exited to see that level of partnership between Microsoft and Meteoblue. The new video format is also great. Really glad to see that they are working with ML and Bigdata for weather as well. Truly the next level! Keep it up Microsoft, Asobo and partners!

PS. Example with batteries is great! Can't wait for the next episodes 🙂

Spoiler

PPS. After waiting for it since the announce, reading all the news and registering the first day I'm finally in. Thank you so much, I will do my best.

Edited by gtaboncer

Well, I got an Alpha invite!

I also signed up on day one, interesting I only have 16gb ram so it seems the much talked about ram issue isn't too important.

Good luck to everyone else!

Good to see so many people finally receiving invites. Have fun everyone!

1 hour ago, sanh said:

3 pages of discussion but most of the posts are from people whining they are not in the alpha or they are now in the alpha. Wish we could have a thread talking about the update only. Tbh i don't think most people who come to this thread care if you are in the alpha or not and skip the posts to reach peoples opinions on the update.

If others agree, I guess we could have a separate invite megathread, like they do on Reddit, when a wave is announced. I think it might be worth it when a new Alpha build is released and the invite waves are big, the others are a bit too minor.

• Like 5

Nice insights in the partnership video today. Really looking forward to the other Partnership Series videos now. Especially Flightaware. Maybe we get some information about how the player is going to be interacting with the live traffic.

Edited by Kopteeni

Thats what i have been saying the whole time

7 hours ago, Shug said:

How come the wind turbines create shadows but the trees don't? Spooky....

Oh, and btw, the trees are too small...;-)

Yeah the trees are too small and look stupid, they are the wrong shape, it should be Mickey Mouse shape or amphibious land craft shape.

7 hours ago, Shug said:

How come the wind turbines create shadows but the trees don't? Spooky....

There is more to observe in this screenshot: The wind turbines have double shadows and even a projection of the turbines on the ground is visible, caused by the angle of the aerial photo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frila said:

There is more to observe in this screenshot: The wind turbines have double shadows and even a projection of the turbines on the ground is visible, caused by the angle of the aerial photo.

They do - which is also odd. Shadows add so much to the immersion. I really hope they're going to sort them out. The tree shadows look baked.

I don't want an Alpha invite.

I just want to buy it when it's ready.

eugege1.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Some terrific bug fix news in there 🙂

sadly I haven’t been able to play this for the last week and a bit through insane workload, but rating to go this weekend. 

1 hour ago, MaVe64 said:

Historical weather would be a nice option to have.....

In the video "immense archives of historical data" are mentioned.

But still nothing definitive if it will be in the sim.

The Gibraltar video has convinced me to cease all purchases for P3D and XPlane 11. Thank you!

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.