Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

A tour of the (Russian) town of Severka - in a Bristol F2B

Seventy miles southeast of Moscow, lies Kolomna, an ancient city of Russia, situated at the confluence of the Moskva and Oka Rivers. In the same Kolomna district, is located, Severka township, little known, outside of Russia (e.g. Wiki failed me, for any significant details), just 20 miles northwest of Kolomna. This region is one of the oldest and most beautiful in whole of Russia e.g. according to the archaeological surveys, Kolomna was founded in 1140–1160. The city has an extremely rare monument of old Russian architecture – the Assumption Cathedral. If you wish, you may search for "Assumption Cathedral of the Kolomna Kremlin Russia Travel", to enjoy a few (quaint) images of this (historic) city by the river, and the Cathedral, including the wonderful artwork of its interiors.

Severka airfield is identified with ICAO code (UUML). Here is another detail, that I found interesting. The airfield regularly hosts festivals for aviation enthusiasts. And, it has also played a significant role for General Aviation and the aviation simulation community in Russia. For this post, I'm using, here, Severka (UUML), by RDS, from SimMarket, that I'd recently acquired, but, never got to explore yet. And, it turned out to be such a great pleasure...a small airport scenery, with delectable details, which, the two developers, Andrey Kravtsov and Max Kaptelkin, seem to have put their hearts into...! The buildings around the airport, along with the bush and shrubs, and flower-beds look nice. And, how about the Aviatrix(?) modelling with (RW) John Douglas Aviation Wear and the high-heeled shoes...🙂..the township and its surroundings are also replicated with loving care...(please see screenshots)...

For choice of aircraft, today, the British biplane fighter, Bristol F.2B caught my attention. It also went by other nicknames, such as "Biff" (during WWI) and "Brisfit" (="Bristol misfit"), post WWI. Designed in 1916, the Bristol F.2B had a disastrous debut when flying with No. 48 Squadron in Flanders. This, however, quickly, changed as crews learned to fly the Bristol Fighter as they would a single seat fighter. When flown in this manner, the Bristol Fighter became highly regarded as a "strong" and "agile" aircraft, and one of the British success stories of the WWI ranking along side the Sopwith Camel and RAF SE5a.

I am flying it, here, over Severka, in the (non-military) livery of Bluegrass Airlines in a peaceful mission. So, please excuse the rear-facing "gunner"...!

Hope you enjoy this collection of images, of this historic township, its beautiful airfield, and this classic biplane. Thanks for your interest...!! Comments are welcome...!

[RDS(UUML)/Freeware(Bristol F.2B)/Orbx(BOB)/REX]

tuowK1.png

zJTOJv.png

XEMQiO.png

1PjPut.png

ZrbHDz.png

pFNDS1.png

U6ntzd.png

RupshM.png

kXJpee.png

tMhukG.png

G9HK5q.png

n3xP9w.png

1nEm5v.png

dMlmJJ.png

TFsWtZ.png

KF7NAZ.png

hT9qAc.png

OUmB7j.png

8ht54w.png

G08apQ.png

• Like 6

Nice scenery package to show off the biplane. 😎 The guy in the back isn't the rear gunner, he's a photographer holding one of those point & shoot cameras...😜

I'd best help that young Aviatrix off that wing: Don't want her punching through the panels with those heels... 😉 Better me getting punched than the aeroplane! 😄

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I'm amazed at the details of this small airport, that almost nobody in the Western world has ever heard of. Many thanks for the info and screenies, P_7878

4 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I'd best help that young Aviatrix off that wing: Don't want her punching through the panels with those heels... 😉

Mark, that immediately caught my eye too 😀 

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Folks: Thanks..!

Mark, Bernd: Appreciated the comments, too...!

(I've reached 20 screenshot limit, here, already, so posting a separate (follow-up) entry, along with a couple of more shots...Please take a look...)

We are very lucky thath you love our products) 
And want say what we made in the moment some small and one big airfields for russia) 

we will try to maintain the level according to the possibilities of the photographic material. Not everywhere there are such cool photos as they were in the north. But we will have other chips. We will be incredibly happy if you help us popularize our scenes. We are a small team but we still learn that there are more and more people)
We work also and on another company. You can see this below)

P.S.Scenery work from box to all sim FSX/P3D)
https://www.facebook.com/russiandigitalsim/
https://russiandigitalsim.com/

Edited by Max_Kaptelkin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Max:

It's always a great pleasure to, unexpectedly, come across a Developer, here, who has contributed, to the enjoyment of our individual posts (whether via aircraft, scenery, or repaint...)...that coincidence does not happen, too often....🙂...So, I'm delighted and lucky too...

And, in a well-done (small) airport scenery, there is always a special and intimate feeling ...of which, I found, Severka, a great example...BTW, I've Digital Design (ULLI) and Drzewiecki Design (UUEE), and, in fact, have done a flight, from Severka to Moscow (small-to-big Russian airfields...🙂...)...

RDS and DD seem like a good match...! Anyway, you've something "original" going on there in terms of scenery, with the "Russian Spirit", as you say...

Thank you and all the best...!!

Daedalus:

Thank you for the comment..!

10 hours ago, P_7878 said:

And, in a well-done (small) airport scenery, there is always a special and intimate feeling ...of which, I found, Severka, a great example...BTW, I've Digital Design (ULLI) and Drzewiecki Design (UUEE), and, in fact, have done a flight, from Severka to Moscow (small-to-big Russian airfields...🙂...)...

RDS and DD seem like a good match...! Anyway, you've something "original" going on there in terms of scenery, with the "Russian Spirit", as you say...

Digital Design some time work with me over Lyon and Liverpoool. Is my some coach) Wait new small airfield in next time)

• Like 2