Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

Xtreme Prototypes new webpage: Model 25 SE v3 now for sale

14 minutes ago, xender said:

I see.

I already own the 35 and also wanted this one (via the upgrade path) but i wont upgrade if the autopilot is still unrealistic. Not at that price point.

To be fair the manual (freely available for anyone to download at their site) says the SPD pitch mode is in beta - so they're working on it.  However, I can also see your side that for 60 bucks the AP should be functioning correctly.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All that said, I downloaded and installed it, but have not flown it yet.

Paint #5 with single RXP GTN.

Wow.

I'm in.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

To be fair the manual (freely available for anyone to download at their site) says the SPD pitch mode is in beta - so they're working on it.  However, I can also see your side that for 60 bucks the AP should be functioning correctly.

If they fix it i will jump in for sure

Juan Ramos

Love the plane overall, having not previously owned a version the price felt reasonable to me. One thing I have encountered is a tendency to roll left once airborne. Almost like a torque induced roll you'd get in a large prop aircraft. Has anyone else seen this?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark, nice to see you here!  I've just got to flying it a little but haven't noticed it yet.  I have only done one serious flight so far and I was climbing so fast at 250 kias and in a left turn after departure I wouldn't have really noticed it.  I'll check when I have some more time though!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As a beta tester I've flown this aircraft quite a bit. The most challenging aspect for me was landing. Keeping it on a straight line on the runway was difficult. Maybe I'm just too used to big jets which seem easier to handle.

This is a very powerful aircraft with a climb rate similar to Concorde. You really have to throttle back otherwise it gets away from you very quickly. Lots of fun to fly though. I only had a limited time to test the SPD/P mode but that is still being refined.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I like it. I also like their X-15 in V4, that should get an update also.

The fact that the Lear is installed conventionally in the sim doesn't really bother me.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Is there already some kind of consensus about the quality/price ratio of V3?
I'm on the fence (sort of) but find the special upgrade price of $40 pretty steep given the changes to V2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

12 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Is there already some kind of consensus about the quality/price ratio of V3?
I'm on the fence (sort of) but find the special upgrade price of $40 pretty steep given the changes to V2

Doubt you'll find a consensus, from what I've seen so far the new cockpits are nice, but $40 is too steep for what there is. Fuel system seems same, and Speed/Pitch is DOA (at least at the moment). Of course your mileage may vary..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 6/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

You have to bear in mind this is a 1970s aircraft so the systems are not the same as on today's aircraft.😉

I'm sure that some are looking at the 8-track and asking what kind of radio is that.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I like the update,,,

Here is one of my past paints that has been updated to the new textures..hope to redo all of them at some time. 

i-6KgkBXm-XL.png

• Like 3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

A couple of tips on starting the engines that differed from v2. Firstly, you should have an axis reserved on a throttle quadrant for Mixture. Make sure it’s full forward otherwise the mixture is too weak to start the engine. Alternatively CTRL+Shift+F4 does the same.

Second, make sure you left-click the seat belt sign if you want to start from C&D. That places the fuel valve switches in the off position. Click each in turn to start fuel flow when the engine revs reach 20%.

The other method is to right click the seat belt sign which will auto start the engines and set all other controls and light automatically. But as serious pilots you wouldn’t do that would you? 😁

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Looks good.  Isn't that on the Lear 35 as well?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

...But as serious pilots you wouldn’t do that would you? 

Never ever.....

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Glad I saw this thread- not sure I would have found this plane otherwise. Having a blast with it! Probably the best experience I've had with a biz jet in P3D yet.😎

The VC (and really everything) looks better on my screen at ~4K than the product screenshots show. The flight model is exciting and demanding, yet feels great when flying by hand. The engine sound seems a tad "generic", but maybe that's how the real thing sounds. Tons of paints and GPS options- fitting for the price. Probably my new go-to for when I don't want to fly a big tube or spinny prop plane.

• Like 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png