Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

Xtreme Prototypes new webpage: Model 25 SE v3 now for sale

Just noticed that the Xtreme Prototypes webpage is back, and GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0 is now for sale: USD $59.95 (upgrade price of $39.95 for registered users of v2.0/2.1). See here for more details.

I don't have v2.0/2.1, but I've been waiting for this one for a long time, so it's an instant buy for me.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

The plane is uglier than an emaciated Greyhound, but goddamit a beautiful, full color 335 page manual. This is how it's done. Milviz are you taking notes?

I wish it were an Embraer Phenom 300E or a Cessna Citation and not this rust bucket from the 1970s!

• Upvote 1

WOW, this looks exremely well done, I have never seen these before.

• Like 2

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

v2 was an extremely well done aircraft. Just that it had an unrealistic autothrottle and SPD mode. Will scan the manual if they fixed it with v3. But this is definitely a must buy for me 😄

• Upvote 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

2 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

v2 was an extremely well done aircraft. Just that it had an unrealistic autothrottle and SPD mode. Will scan the manual if they fixed it with v3. But this is definitely a must buy for me 😄

According to the info it's fixed, but agreeing with you on the price ...

... also looks like they fixed the fuel system.

G

Edited by Gazzareth
More info...
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

What's a fair upgrade price?

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

You have to bear in mind this is a 1970s aircraft so the systems are not the same as on today's aircraft. For its time this was how things worked. The autothrottle does work well once you understand it. SPD and MACH Hold work well. Tthey hold the speed at the time they are engaged so some manually throttle tweaking is required. You soon get used to it.

Integration of the Rex Wx gauge is a welcome feature and those of you who have the Reality or Flight 1 GTN/GPS units will love the integration. And yes, the manual is a work of art. And at Mach 0.82 and a ceiling of over 50,000ft it's pretty nippy! But as an owner of v2 you know all this anyway. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ooh... might have to check out the CF-105 Arrow and the bizjet for FSX legacy.😎

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You have to bear in mind this is a 1970s aircraft so the systems are not the same as on today's aircraft. For its time this was how things worked. The autothrottle does work well once you understand it. SPD and MACH Hold work well. Tthey hold the speed at the time they are engaged so some manually throttle tweaking is required. You soon get used to it.

Integration of the Rex Wx gauge is a welcome feature and those of you who have the Reality or Flight 1 GTN/GPS units will love the integration. And yes, the manual is a work of art. And at Mach 0.82 and a ceiling of over 50,000ft it's pretty nippy! But as an owner of v2 you know all this anyway. 😉

The problem is that SPD mode on a real lear 25 used pitch to control your airspeed and they never had autothrottles. On the XP Lear v2, it acted like an autothrottle (it controlled your throttle levers) instead of using pitch. There was a big discussion about this in an old thread here on avsim.

Its a moot point though as they seem to have fixed it now with v3 😄

• Like 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

How does this compare to the FlySimwear Lear 35A? 

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

What's a fair upgrade price?

$15

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Of the few returns I had as the first version, the bird is hard with fps.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

13 minutes ago, guibru said:

Of the few returns I had as the first version, the bird is hard with fps.

On which platform?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

9 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

On which platform?

FSX and P3Dv4.5.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case