Sign in to follow this  
gordong

Move VR with rift cv1

Hi, looking for some info regarding the plugin Move vr and using it with Pilot2atc. I can open P2atc in vr but I can't interact with any buttons, ie pushTT. I'm sure I used to be able to use the touch controllers on the P2atc interface and I've read that other people can as well and some say you can't.

Is there a definite answer to this please.

Thanks Grant.

Gordon,

I tried MoveVR once and it seemed to have problems allowing button presses and other interaction with P2A.  I didn't test it thoroughly enough to give a definite Yes or No to your question.

I use OVRDrop, a STEAM app to bring my P2A into VR.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Getting used to just using the Mic and now having got vr tools setup with the text file in cockpit I'm good to go.

Great programme, it really adds to x plane.

Grant.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, gordong said:

Hi, looking for some info regarding the plugin Move vr and using it with Pilot2atc. I can open P2atc in vr but I can't interact with any buttons, ie pushTT. I'm sure I used to be able to use the touch controllers on the P2atc interface and I've read that other people can as well and some say you can't.

Thanks Grant.

I 'think' I was able to get the clicks working.  I can't drag on the map however. I actually stopped bringing P2A in to VR with me as I'm trying to 'take the training wheels off' if you will and actually remember the read backs ect.  I only use move VR to bring in my ipad with foreflight on it so I have charts/AP diagrams ect.  I wish the ipad had 2 way communication with airplay so I could actually interact with the ipad.  Right now i kind of fumble about and pinch to zoom and stuff, but if I need frequency or more detailed info I swing the headset off for a sec.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Thanks Pegruder, I'm sure I used to be able to press the ptt with the touch controllers but certainly can't now. You should give vrtools a go, great for frequencies, read back, etc.

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Thanks Pegruder, I'm sure I used to be able to press the ptt with the touch controllers but certainly can't now. You should give vrtools a go, great for frequencies, read back, etc.

VRTools?  Gonna have to research that now.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

On 6/12/2020 at 8:57 PM, gordong said:

Thanks Grant.

I've only just seen your message otherwise I'd have replied during the weekend.  Make P2A full-screen in windows, then in MoveVR, when choosing which window to import, choose Desktop.  That brings the entire desktop content into the window (which by default might be the oculus mirror so you may need to one-time alt-tab that away until you see P2A in front).  Now that you've imported the desktop content, with the exception of the keyboard, you can fully interact with the window, including any child windows created by P2A (for example load/save flight plans).  

OVRDrop and OVRToolkit are great utilities but they're incompatible with X-Plane when using the Vulkan renderer.  Being VR you might well be using Vulkan for the extra performance boost, but if not then you can use those tools.

Edited by BlackBeltMike

Thanks Mike, I'll have a go at that. My x plane is not on steam and the ovr drop and toolkit need steam (bummer). Grant.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, BlackBeltMike said:

I've only just seen your message otherwise I'd have replied during the weekend.  Make P2A full-screen in windows, then in MoveVR, when choosing which window to import, choose Desktop.  That brings the entire desktop content into the window (which by default might be the oculus mirror so you may need to one-time alt-tab that away until you see P2A in front).  Now that you've imported the desktop content, with the exception of the keyboard, you can fully interact with the window, including any child windows created by P2A (for example load/save flight plans).  

OVRDrop and OVRToolkit are great utilities but they're incompatible with X-Plane when using the Vulkan renderer.  Being VR you might well be using Vulkan for the extra performance boost, but if not then you can use those tools.

Oh man - I never thought about bringing in just the desktop as a whole.  Interesting!  Gonna have to give that a go later.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

I use it every session like that, and separately I now load up Active Sky Remote Weather into a browser window and bring the weather map into the cockpit.  

I can't drag on the map however.

For that, you just need to enable the support mouse drag option in MoveVR when you import the Desktop window, and then you can move the P2A map around freely with the Oculus Touch controller.