Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Boeing Onboard performance tool available

Very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Ed

The takeoff section will be worked on very soon. As the Developer is finishing off the Landing dispatch calculations.

Vernon Howells

𝐎𝐏𝐓 𝐯𝟏.𝟕.𝟏 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞!
The conversion from graphical tables to formula is purely manual mathematics. This is why it takes some time to create the formulas!

Changelog:
- fixed tab input order
- fixed MACG cold temperature
- Landing-Enroute: added MACG for B737-800 (airport elevation till >10000ft)
- Landing-Enroute: added MACG for B737-800W (airport elevation till >10000ft)
- Landing-Enroute: added MACG for B737-800W SFP (airport elevation till >10000ft)
- Landing-Dispatch: added MACG for B737-800 (airport elevation till >10000ft)
- Landing-Dispatch: added MACG for B737-800W (airport elevation till >10000ft)
- Landing-Dispatch: added MACG for B737-800W SFP (airport elevation till >10000ft)

Vernon Howells

Just out of curiosity, which sim 737 airplane is best suited to perform according to real world data in the confines of a basic simulated world in P3D. Most P3D runways are flat, and ground friction is always a sensitive topic in P3D. These two factors alone would make any RW OPT inaccurate. Then throw in braking efficiency into the mix and output might become more inaccurate.

Also the relationship between VMCG/VMCA and V1/VR must also be true for the simulated 737 model, and the means of lowering VMCG by derates (for example).

Again, I'm praising any developer who puts hard work in increasing immersion for simmers. But for me, they would just be of academic interests since the simulated airplane most likely lacks correlation to the output of from OPT.

Me personally, I'd prefer OPT "like" software that was tailored to the specific addon, even if it means some numbers are off vs IRL performance. 

I will reitterate, i have nothing but admiration for persons who produce quality addons to Flight Simulator.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Would be awesome if this could become an apple app. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Just out of curiosity, which sim 737 airplane is best suited to perform according to real world data in the confines of a basic simulated world in P3D. Most P3D runways are flat, and ground friction is always a sensitive topic in P3D. These two factors alone would make any RW OPT inaccurate. Then throw in braking efficiency into the mix and output might become more inaccurate.

Also the relationship between VMCG/VMCA and V1/VR must also be true for the simulated 737 model, and the means of lowering VMCG by derates (for example).

Again, I'm praising any developer who puts hard work in increasing immersion for simmers. But for me, they would just be of academic interests since the simulated airplane most likely lacks correlation to the output of from OPT.

Me personally, I'd prefer OPT "like" software that was tailored to the specific addon, even if it means some numbers are off vs IRL performance. 

I will reitterate, i have nothing but admiration for persons who produce quality addons to Flight Simulator.

As for takeoff(including EO-GO), mission fuel comsuption and single engine drift down data, NGXU is accurate enough compare to realworld dataset (I have realworld data in PET to play with)

Due to Autobrake bug, currently, the landing distance is wildly off then....hopfully it will be fix at next update

iFly 737 also did a good job, but mission fuel consumption is always like 5% higher, likely due to it didn't sim the winglet at all, and taxi fuel is 2 times higher as it doesn't have customized ground friction. But it's autobrake system modeling was the first to get it correct, way ahead PMDG's one in NGX.

I didn't fly much on Zibo, so hope someone else could tell.

• Like 1

I use Prosim737 homecockpit avionics suite.

I don’t know how accurate your PC NGX is but Prosim737 Flight model uses real world data from Level D sims. I find the OPT very good in landing dispatch calculations and enroute. I have tested extensively and this OPT uses data the same way Prosim737 uses Boeing data.

Vernon Howells

3 hours ago, SAS443 said:

What data do you think TOPCAT got? And people are still paying for a dead application. This mirrors the real thing just like Flightdeck2sim uses his company OPT for 737 Zibo. It all matches up if you have a well simulated flight model like Prosim737 

Vernon Howells

But how does any flight model treat runway gradients, for example. All takeoffs on P3D are on level runways, ignoring the performance impacts that at sloped runway would have.

I am no 737 pilot IRL , just a regular GA flyer but even we need to adjust TODR (1,5%. Uphill slope = 7% increase in takeoff distance.). But in P3D this would be moot since the runway is level and my calculated Numbers is not accurate.

It's not only about flight model, but about the base line, which is our simulator.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, SAS443 said:

But how does any flight model treat runway gradients, for example. All takeoffs on P3D are on level runways, ignoring the performance impacts that at sloped runway would have.

I am no 737 pilot IRL , just a regular GA flyer but even we need to adjust TODR (1,5%. Uphill slope = 7% increase in takeoff distance.). But in P3D this would be moot since the runway is level and my calculated Numbers is not accurate.

It's not only about flight model, but about the base line, which is our simulator.

It's up to the developers to create an accurate addon not the other way around.

Vernon Howells

7 hours ago, SAS443 said:

I agree. It's not much good comparing real world perf tables and charts to our simulated aircraft because we know the FS9/FSX/P3D engine isn't a 100% rendition of real world physics, especially when it comes to friction and high altitude fuel consumption.

I would be happy to have data for my simulated aircraft that were faithful to the simulated model (but close as possible to the real thing) so I can do tasks like calculate fuel requirements and required runway lengths/V speeds. I started trying to derive it from first principles with the Aerosoft Airbuses but there's so many test points to cover, life is too short!

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

I agree. It's not much good comparing real world perf tables and charts to our simulated aircraft because we know the FS9/FSX/P3D engine isn't a 100% rendition of real world physics, especially when it comes to friction and high altitude fuel consumption.

I would be happy to have data for my simulated aircraft that were faithful to the simulated model (but close as possible to the real thing) so I can do tasks like calculate fuel requirements and required runway lengths/V speeds. I started trying to derive it from first principles with the Aerosoft Airbuses but there's so many test points to cover, life is too short!

Good luck with that one! And this is free also. Its a simulation who cares if it doesn’t match.

Vernon Howells