Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

F-15E Strike Eagle - MilViz's Free Gift

[Bit of notes and thoughts: My inclinations to fly military aircraft is (has been generally) less than that for (commercial) civil aircraft, but, kudos (and thanks) to those, who do so, here, both freeware and payware, and, especially with the (remarkably) complex DCS SIMs, often, too, in a foreign language based cockpit (e.g. my Russian language expertise is, now, limited to one word, "Аэрофлот"...🙂...hope to change it one-day, though...)! And, there is no denying that, we're where we are, now, with our modern airliners, owes great debt to the many evolution and enhancements, that we take for granted, first implemented and tested in military aircraft (that includes technology within the aircraft and infrastructure external to the aircraft). Most importantly, aviation is "aviation", both commercial and civil, and, in fact, the history of aviation is equally fascinating (if not more) of military aircraft.]

I'd downloaded MilViz's Freeware Gift of F-15E, a few days ago, but, today, I spent a couple of hours to familiarize myself with this SIM (still (barely) scratching the surface...!). The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle was introduced by the USAF to replace its (aging) fleet of the (legendary and irreplaceable) McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantoms (more than 5,000 F-4s were produced, and F-15 production, currently stands at 500).

Of course, like most of us, here, I've always had tremendous respect for all of MilViz's aircraft SIMs. And, here is what MilViz say, about this one:

1. The F-15E Strike Eagle model depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart. The model was created by using high quality digital photos and many, many countless hours of testing, revising and testing again!
  2. Although you can simply elect to jump in and fly with an available quick start (two clicks, wait for spool up and you're off!), you can also choose to fly by the numbers if you wish; an extremely detailed Pilots Operating Handbook (I checked 500 pages...!,...excluding the Quick Fly Guide) includes all performance charts and figures. Great effort has been taken to ensure that this model flies as close as possible to the book!

So, you can tell, I only tried the "quick and dirty" way, today, keeping to the minimum. Nonetheless, it felt like a complex aircraft, to someone like me....not well-conversed with military avionics. Anyway, please find below, a collection of images of a full flight, with this F-15E, lifting off from KSEA (34R) and landing in CYVR (26L), a short ~110 nm of distance away...!

[BTW, there is nothing like flying the Bristol F.2B (WWI) Fighter, one day, and this F-15, the next day, to appreciate, even if in the minutest degree, how far we've advanced, here, in technology, within the limitations of our SIM, of course...!! As I was using the Weapon Configurator, please see one screenshot (inset), I was also thinking of the Lewis Guns of the Bristol F.2B...🙂...!]

Hope you enjoy these pictures! Thanks for viewing!

[MilViz(F-15E)/Orbx(PNW)/REX]

g4NkXH.png

PeGaDp.png

YQivpX.png

WDpyDY.png

vWlXuz.png

TAG5Jw.png

k9UtdZ.png

9XKRaC.png

Mlc3Dw.png

HU9qek.png

g4DlsK.png

bMS1CJ.png

4chNKa.png

sIbwJX.png

jm8g6V.png

GETcGG.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

"I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the Eagle..

Be having so much fun it'd be illegal..

Like a guy who's not been.....  for months

I'd shoot those ..... all at once..

I wish I had 8 AMRAAMs like the Eagle."

Thanks to Dos Gringos and their song "I wish I had a gun just like the A-10"😄

I've yet to install this jet..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Mark: Your (exemplary) poetic inclinations are quite evident, here,.....🙂....[Oh well...those RW pilots...and their songs...]

And, good luck with the installation...that's the easy part...🙂....!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, P_7878 said:

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle was introduced by the USAF to replace its (aging) fleet of the (legendary and irreplaceable) McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantoms (more than 5,000 F-4s were produced, and F-15 production, currently stands at 500).

Nice screenshots and plane!  Thanks MilViz!

Total F-15 production is currently in the neighborhood of 1500.  Maybe you meant the US has about 500 that are combat coded?

Todd

• Upvote 1

Todd:

Appreciated much your comments....!

You pointed me to more details about the F-15 Eagle variants..., production for which, certainly, total to what you've mentioned....!

I also read:

"In the USAF inventory there are F-15C single-seaters, F-15D two-seat trainers and the F-15E fleet, known as Strike Eagles. F-15Es are all two-seaters. The F-15D is a two-seater used to train F-15C pilots. The F-15C is a pure air-to-air fighter with a small, restricted ability to drop air to ground weapons. The F-15E is primarily designed to attack targets on the ground. Although it possesses all of the air-to-air capability of the F-15C, it also has a substantial set of extra capabilities to allow it to attack ground targets...."

Fantastic pics and info..Thanks!!!

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick