Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Glad I saved FSX

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

So why not discuss it in this way rather than opening up with a belligerent stance?

I wouldn't call "regardless of claims of various developers" a belligerent stance.  Some of the responses were belligerent however. 

I've found that the best way to deal with belligerence is not to intentionally escalate it.

Prepar3Dv5 is still in development and as such will be a bit of an unstable environment.  This is just something that early adopters have to live with.  Sometimes it's worth it.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Four pages of drama, and we still have no idea which - if any - addons OP could not get to work. 

Yes, it's a pointless thread.

If OP had dropped the drama-queen antics - "Goodbye, cruel Avsim, I am leaving forever!" - and posted a request for help, I am confident that several here would have attempted to provide it.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, Chock said:

These products absolutely are compatible, it is the limitations on controlling what is sent to the GPU via the DX12 method of communication with the hardware which is the issue, and that is for Lockheed Martin to address, which with P3D still very much being software in continued development, is a realistic possibility. 

This is an equally sweeping statement and apparently speaks for every developer. I wonder how you could have had time to test all of the products. It seems clear that in some cases, products that work seamlessly in P3D v4 do not do so in P3D v5. Whether this is a limitation of the product or of the simulator isn't really relevant and unless one is directly involved in the product development, it is hard to see how the problem can be dismissed across the board as customer ignorance in applying the incorrect settings.

Regardless of the reason, it is easy to see that if a product that has been declared compatible then causes a problem, this could be interpreted by a customer as an incompatibility. Whether that incompatibility is due to a fault in the product or in the simulator, or even a new feature of that simulator, should not be the concern of the customer who has been told that it works.

For those of us who remember the frustration of using up all the VAS in FSX, the reappearance of a similar and easily reached limit, regardless of the cause or the justification, is not welcome. It is indeed to be hoped that Lockheed Martin can find a way to mitigate the problem that they appear to have introduced.

Edited by Reader

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

If OP had dropped the drama-queen antics - "Goodbye, cruel Avsim, I am leaving forever!" - and posted a request for help, I am confident that several here would have attempted to provide it.

This is now just irritating. The discussion has moved on and is still in progress. Your self appointed moderation and speaking on behalf of "several"  is becoming trying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Reader said:

This is an equally sweeping statement and apparently speaks for every developer. I wonder how you could have had time to test all of the products.

Nice straw man. I was addressing the OP making this claim, not making the claim myself.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's like reading "I will keep my bicycle because my Ferrari requires an expensive spare parts" 

• Like 1

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

15 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

This is what he posted:

10 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

In any event, I keep trying my best to work with P3d v5, with some successes and some failures.

P3Dv5 is a work in progress.  Once it becomes stable, the various add-ons that don't work for everyone can be fixed and advice will become useful.

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

It's like reading "I will keep my bicycle because my Ferrari requires an expensive spare parts" 

Well, you know how it goes.  If your Ferrari doesn't run and you can't get it fixed, the bicycle becomes very useful indeed. 😄

Hook

• Like 5

Larry Hookins

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Well, you know how it goes.  If your Ferrari doesn't run and you can't get it fixed, the bicycle becomes very useful indeed. 😄

Hook

Can't agree more 😅

• Like 2

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

20 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

Why is it in the flight sim community everyone is bitter when a new version comes out that they might have to pay for new versions of add ons?

Because we're basically just a bunch of grumpy old men........☺️

Edited by W2DR
  • Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

You are choosing selectively with your quotes. OP began with an inflammatory statement and has so far - after 4 pages - provided zero details about what his problem is. Drama yes - helped along by some others here - but literally zero details.

Which addons that are said by the developers to be P3D v5 compatible are not P3D v5 compatible? I have around 25 airports installed, zero problems. My P3D v5-compatible aircraft work just fine.

The original post was a problem as it inferred a broad, sweeping issue with v5 addon compatibility with the sim. 

OK, OP, simple question. Which addons were the cause of the problem in your case that induced you to leave Prepar3d for FSX? 

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Reader said:

This is now just irritating. The discussion has moved on and is still in progress. Your self appointed moderation and speaking on behalf of "several"  is becoming trying.

This whole thread is irritating, and you're just throwing petrol on the dumpster fire. I'm speaking only on behalf of myself - and here is my opinion: this thread is what is wrong with the Prepar3d forum at the moment. Too much negatively directed towards Prepar3d v5, with only dubious data to back it up.

As I said in my post above - what are the P3D v5 compatible addons that are claimed to be incompatible? You are just buying into and accentuating the OP's false narrative that there is some sort of widespread issue here. Do you actually use Prepar3d v5? If so, what addons do you have a problem with yourself??

Here's my data, based on 150+ hours of time actually using the sim that everyone seems to love to bash right now.

Compatibiltiy: PMDG (OK), Leonardo (OK), A2A (OK), Orbx (OK), Flightbeam (OK), Digital Design (OK), FlyTampa (OK), MK Studios (OK), FS2Crew (OK), F1GTN750 (OK), AIG (OK). These are the addon developers whose products I have directly used. The closest I can think of to a compatibility problem is with Trueglass in the MD-82.

Everyone needs to give Prepar3d v5 a break. No one has ever claimed that it is perfect, but it is a really great-looking sim that has given me many hours of enjoyment over the past couple of months. Despite its quirks, it's my favourite P3D release to date.

• Like 2

Oz

10 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Everyone needs to give Prepar3d v5 a break. No one has ever claimed that it is perfect, but it is a really great-looking sim that has given me many hours of enjoyment over the past couple of months. Despite its quirks, it's my favourite P3D release to date.

Can't agree more!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

23 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Do you actually use Prepar3d v5? If so, what addons do you have a problem with yourself??

Here's my data, based on 150+ hours of time actually using the sim that everyone seems to love to bash right now.

Compatibiltiy: PMDG (OK), Leonardo (OK), A2A (OK), Orbx (OK), Flightbeam (OK), Digital Design (OK), FlyTampa (OK), MK Studios (OK), FS2Crew (OK), F1GTN750 (OK), AIG (OK). These are the addon developers whose products I have directly used. The closest I can think of to a compatibility problem is with Trueglass in the MD-82.

Yes, I bought it on its release day. I have the same reservations as Boeingnut and the same attitude.

Before you set off on another campaign, I am not knocking P3D v5, just stating the obvious, which is that there is room for improvement. That is what I also read in the opening post of the forum. I am delighted that your experience with those addon products has been so positive but that does not give reason to launch an attack, as you did and continue you do, on someone whose experience did not mirror yours and yet dared to come to the forum to share the experience.

In fact I do not take issue at all with P3D v5 but instead with being instructed what to think. As I mentioned earlier, a worthwhile discussion is an exchange of views, it is not one person attempting to impose their preconceived view on everyone else and especially not decrying someone whose view is not the same as theirs.

• Like 4

Let's cool it gentlemen. BoeingNut has a two day holiday after his outburst. Keep it civil as I know the vast majority of you do. 👍

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather