Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Frame rate drops over time (P3d v5)

Any other reports of framerates that drop significantly over time.  I am getting great framerates at the start of the flight (QW 787, PMDG 747)  but over time the framerates drop to single digits.  The is kind of a stutter drop ever 4 or 5 seconds.  so the frames will be 30, 35, 40, 50 and the down to 6, 7 and then back up again.  Really annoying and I cannot figure out what is causing this problem.  My settings are middle of the road in my opinion, no higher than in v4.  I have ES Beta on but does not seem to matter if I turn it off.  So far no CTD or running out of VM (1080Ti).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I noticed similar behavior, but most severely when running multiple sessions of P3D per boot cycle of my PC.  In other words, P3D fps is noticeably worst on the 2nd or 3rd session compared to the first, until I reboot the PC and I'm back to "normal" fps.

Mark Javornik

I've seen this as well. Noticed with the majestic dash 8 that frames were solid 30 at runtime, then gradually deteriorated to around 10 over about 20 mins.  CPU monitoring showed core 0 load go from 60% to 100% (GPU was under 50% throughout).  No change in scenery, AI or user aircraft apart from view changes.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

9 hours ago, MarkW said:

Any other reports of framerates that drop significantly over time.  I am getting great framerates at the start of the flight (QW 787, PMDG 747)  but over time the framerates drop to single digits.  The is kind of a stutter drop ever 4 or 5 seconds.  so the frames will be 30, 35, 40, 50 and the down to 6, 7 and then back up again.  Really annoying and I cannot figure out what is causing this problem.  My settings are middle of the road in my opinion, no higher than in v4.  I have ES Beta on but does not seem to matter if I turn it off.  So far no CTD or running out of VM (1080Ti).

Are you flying online?  I notice Vpilot sometimes uses up to 17% of my CPU load and that makes my fps drop significantly. 

Did a 1,5 hours flight and on approach the fps was cut in half. Restart Vpilot 0,5-2% cpu load and FPS went back. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Having this too. I think it is related to the P3DV5 EA mode set to on.

My work around:

• Start a flight with EA on, normally set in my P3D CFG menu to on.
  • When in flight just open menu. Uncheck EA mode (set to off)
  • Go back to flight with EA mode set to off
  • Then open menu again and Check EA mode (to on)
  • Fly again

Issues gone. No degrading of FPS on my system anymore.

My feeling says that there is something wrong with the EA related shading. Refreshing the shaders while in flight does not work either for me.

Try it and report back if it solves/not solves your issue. 

Note: You don´t have to wait to perform this work around till fps got drop/degrarded. Just do it instantly on "begin" of your flight. This works also.

Regards

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

You dont even have to accept the changes in my case: simply go to the menue, change whatever setting and click on "cancal" usually restores FPS... funny though I do not see the FPS loss on every flight...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Make sure autosave is off in FSUIPC aswell, as this will cause a temp drop in FPS as described as it saves.

Good.  I thought it was just me.  Absolutely, frame rates drop over time.  Many times the 1st leg of my flight is great for a few hundred miles.  However, after I land, refuel and take off again from that 1st airport, using the same plane, I can assure you that halfway through that flight to my 2nd destination, that the frames will drop into the cellar several times.  It can get so bad that I hear that inevitable lapse in sound which signals a CTD about to happen.

I've taken to just doing flights from airport A to airport B.  Then I'll quit and start a new P3d session.  I'm assuming Hotfix 2 will fix this.

BTW, I do not use EA so that has nothing to do with it, in my opinion.

Stan

I noticed if I do a short flight in the NGX of under 2 hours then no problem. I have tried CYYZ to EGLL 787 and EGLL to KBOS I. The 744 and both time’s landed with single digit frame rates.  Not really usable like this. I actually started turning down all sliders to basically nothing on approach and did not help at all 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

There are similar contents on Aerosoft forum as well as ActiveSky Forum.

stuttering-strong-fps-fluctuations-after-3-4-hours-in-flight

fps-being-taxed-every-ca-30-secs-from-high-80-to-low-20-and-then-up-again

Both threads pointed the problem to ActiveSkyP3D, which is still in beta.

Me personally also had this problem serveral days ago, what I did is to re-install ASP3D

Have done a 1-hour flight, and all seems ok, no performance loss, normally I will get constant shutters and thus fps drop to 20-ish fps after 40 minutes or so.

My spec: R7 3700X\RTX2070, Windows10 Home 2004 , P3Dv5 HF1,ActiveSky B7459

All of these tests are done with Aerosoft A330.

I'm not sure if it's the same issue but in the past couple days I had severe stuttering with vsync  on frames unlimited at 30hz.  My frames would bounce between 10 and 60.  After hours of troubleshooting I found I had turned off game mode in windows 10.   I turned it back on and it smooth at 30 with no fluctuations.

Like I said this may not be the same issue but just something to check.

Sean Green

On 6/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, 21grams said:

There are similar contents on Aerosoft forum as well as ActiveSky Forum.

stuttering-strong-fps-fluctuations-after-3-4-hours-in-flight

fps-being-taxed-every-ca-30-secs-from-high-80-to-low-20-and-then-up-again

Both threads pointed the problem to ActiveSkyP3D, which is still in beta.

Me personally also had this problem serveral days ago, what I did is to re-install ASP3D

Have done a 1-hour flight, and all seems ok, no performance loss, normally I will get constant shutters and thus fps drop to 20-ish fps after 40 minutes or so.

My spec: R7 3700X\RTX2070, Windows10 Home 2004 , P3Dv5 HF1,ActiveSky B7459

All of these tests are done with Aerosoft A330.

Good info.  I might try not running Activesky and see if that fixes it.  Obviously I don't want to do without Activesky but at least that will isolate the problem.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

Just done a 3 hour flight with the A330. After re-installing ASP3D, framerates are still good after hours of flight, but I get constant shutters, and my chrome, navigraph and vatspy (almost anything that requires hardware acceleration)are still very laggy when P3D was running.

FWIW, I also have experienced this and have found that by essentially forcing weather to reload clears it. I do it by turning EA off and back on again, but I suspect it isn't EA related, but rather ASP3D related based on the other posts here, so possibly restarting ASP3D would do it also, but for me the disable/re-enable EA is quick and easy because there's no loading screen associated with turning it off and on again.  I typically need to do this once per flight, usually as part of my 'approach checklist'. Using this method I've flown as many as six or seven segments in a 10-12 hour period without restarting the sim. Purely anecdotal.

Edited by cwburnett
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Hi,

I experience the same issue after I just recently upgraded from P3D v4 to v5.
Just did my first flight and noticed severe drops in framerates after an hour of flight, to the point I couldn't even continue anymore and had to shutdown P3D...

The thread is somewhat dated, has anyone found a (permanent) fix for this?
I also suspect ASP3D (+ASCA) to be the showstopper(s).

Thanks in advance.

Marcel Onderdelinden

Edited by MO-Airlines

si.php?name=Marcel&prefix=&surname=Onderdelinden