Sign in to follow this  
SparkerInVR

Middle of June any news?

So we are in the middle of June and no updates.

Have the board started to be manufactured?

If not is it supplies or the facility still not opened because of the lockdown?

Thanks Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

The lack of response here that is supposed to be a support channel is very disappointing.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

On 7/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, sparker256 said:

The lack of response here that is supposed to be a support channel is very disappointing.

Bill

Have to agree some what, however Chris has said a number of times that he will post when he has any news. Let's just hope he is OK in these troubled times and that the project goes ahead.

I am thinking of getting that other new yoke except that I have a keyboard tray under my desk and cannot use clamps. I don't have that much faith in their sticky pad. I don't know what I will do if the Fulcrum does not eventuate. The Saitek is a toy and the Yoko is way too expensive for me. The Fulcrum seems like a happy medium.

Hopefully we will hear some news soon. I check this forum every day.

@johnbla,

I also hope that Chris is OK in these troubled times and that the project goes ahead.

I see that he responded to another question on June 29th but my questions went un answered.

My bigger concern is that whenever we finally receive the Fulcrum and if we have a issue will we have to wait months for a response?

@tutmeister,

Chris Is it to much to ask for a response to my questions from someone who is willing to buy your product as soon as it is released? Is this not the support forum?

Losing hope Bill

Gents, I have heard from Chris via email in the last couple of days and the project is alive and well. I won't say any more than that as it wouldn't be appropriate. Chris intends to post an update very soon so don't worry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/11/2020 at 4:01 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gents, I have heard from Chris via email in the last couple of days and the project is alive and well. I won't say any more than that as it wouldn't be appropriate. Chris intends to post an update very soon so don't worry.

Thanks, Ray. I’ve been a quiet observer of Fulcrumsim and their plans.  Was going to get the Honeycomb yoke but felt uneasy and then found your posts about an alternative. Will continue to wait and watch. 

@Randall, I was one of the first people to get excited about the Honeycomb when I first saw a 3D printed version of it back in 2016 at the Lelystad show in the Netherlands. When I last saw the finished product at the Cosford show in 2018 I really wasn’t impressed. At the same show I saw the Fulcrum for the first time and was bowled over with its quality.

Given it’s made in the UK and priced in GBP you are getting a bargain with the appalling exchange rate which makes anything priced in GBP very attractive for Americans.

Hang on and it will be worth it. Having tried a pre-production version the quality is there and with Hall-Effect sensors nothing will wear out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also tried the Fulcrum at cosford. It struck me as very well engineered and fantastic value for money. I’m checking this forum twice a week at least.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

This new yoke looks great and have put off buying a replacement for over a year now but here are my feelings currently.

Am I being unreasonable trying to get a update on the status of this new yoke?

I am still trying very hard to understand why the questions I asked in the middle of June still goes unanswered when we are in the middle of July on the official support forum.

Is there another forum where there would be a better response?

Bill

Edited by sparker256

@sparker256, this forum and the website are the best places to check for news. Things are progressing, don’t worry. Out of respect for Chris I won’t say any more than that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather