Sign in to follow this  
brucets

Traffic Global

Is anyone happy with TG? I have the latest version and there is simply no traffic movement. I sit at the gate at DEN at 0830 on a Friday, for well over a 45 min, with the sim running at 4x speed. Maybe 2 AI planes request taxi and 3 planes take off or land. I have the traffic slider at 99%. Nearly every gate is occupied. No UA or SW or DL or AA airplanes left and only 1 UA arrived. The program just flat doesn't do anything except populate gates.?????

Bruce

Could be better in terms of airline accuracy (for example it still has FlyBe stuff operating), but it does a fairly accurate job of putting flights at my airports. Here it is at UK2000's EGGP with a Ryanair 737 just about to depart from 09 and me in the Bristol Freighter at the hold point. On the ramp there are EasyJet, Ryanair and Eurowings jets, which is a reasonably accurate depiction of things. Not perfect, but close enough to make it look more or less like the real airport. This is with commercial traffic set on 45 percent in P3D V5's options. Note that this doesn't have a terrible impact on the VRAM or the frame rate.

3d5g828.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am decidedly unhappy about it. No traffic at most smaller airports, and scenery conflicts for many other ones where TG insists on having its own bgl file. I will suffer it while using P3D 4.5, but when I will move on to P3D 5 or MS FS2020, I will gladly abandon TG.

Peter

Thanks for the input Alan!

Maybe it works better in P3D, but I flew  JAX to MIA to ATL in FSXSE yesterday and there was almost no AI traffic moving on the ground or in the air. Radio was mostly silent except for my flt. Only a couple other ac on the radio. Really disappointing!

Bruce

Thanks for the reply, Peter. Glad I'm not the only one unhappy with it. It's really bad!

Bruce

6 minutes ago, brucets said:

Thanks for the input Alan!

Maybe it works better in P3D

Please don't confuse me saying 'it works okay' with the notion I'm happy with it. It does far less than the product page claims and I think it's been in 'early access' since Orville and Wilbur hauled that contraption up to Kittyhawk.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, brucets said:

The program just flat doesn't do anything except populate gates.?

The big issue there is that each aircraft only does the same single return flight a day 7 days a week instead of a more realistic 6-10 different flights a day. What you are seeing are just dormant aircraft.

Also notice at Denver being a United hub that there are very few if any B738's and that all of the B739's have no winglets at all? IRL, the entire fleet  of both the B738s and B739's have split scimitar winglets. There is also NO United, Delta, American express flights included at all. It's a mess.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Wow, You are more observant than I am, Dave! I could overlook some of those details if there was a decent amount of traffic coming and going!

This Traffic Global program is a real bummer!

Bruce

Hi

I foolishly just bought TG for P3Dv5 and it's useless.  So little traffic generated it's completely pointless.  I watched the AI traffic for about half an hour across the entire South of England which includes Heathrow and Gatwick and saw 6-8 airline ai, most (if not all) were flying over the uk.  There was a bit of GA activity but that was it.  I then sat at Heathrow for a while and nothing moved at all.  The busiest airport in the world and just half full of static aircraft.  

I've posted my comments on the Early Release Forum but it looks like I'm not alone.  

I uninstalled TG yesterday and am in the process of installing WOAI. Don't know how that will workout. Used it years ago and it was great. We'll see.

Bruce