Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

What is my problem in P3D v5?

Yes that's correct. If LM have fluffed on device capabilities for some GPUs they'll be able to fix it. If LM have configured the code properly for that then it will be handed back to AMD.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 6/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, OzWhitey said:

Your post title should be "I probably have a problem with my setup" then, rather than the one you chose! 🙄

Performance of v5 with your graphics card - 2080Ti, the same one I use - should be substantially better than v4.5. First P3D version I can get reliably smooth performance with VR and complex addons. Turn off EA (particularly godrays), in fact take your sliders back to default and work up from there. Again, performance is significantly better than v4.5 thanks in part to DX12 and this should be particularly noticable with a cutting-edge graphics card (whilst you should have no problems with EA on a 2080Ti, you can still get into trouble with the wrong slider settings).

To answer the clickbait title, by the way: the point of v5 is that it is the next step of the iterative process that is Prepr3d. In particular, it's building on the 64-bit architecture of v4 to move closer to a next-gen sim by further modernizing the engine. This is bound to cause some teething problems, but the sim with its new visuals looks a whole lot better than V4/v3/v2/v1. 

keep saying stuff like that, they will be inviting you on the beta team. :0

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/15/2020 at 12:48 PM, airforce806 said:

Any tips?  Great video.  Incredibly smooth!

My Settings on the Nvidia control panel are default

Nvidia inspector 

Triple Buffering = ON
Vertical Sync Tear Control = Adaptative
Vertical Sync = 1/2 refresh rate. (60hz monitor)

Hardware on video description

• Like 1

i5-13600k - RTX3080 12GB - 32GB DDR4 - P3D v5.3 / XP12 / MSFS

Airliners.net | Flickr | Youtube | Facebook | Twitch

On 6/15/2020 at 1:37 PM, SergioN said:

Hi Tadeu, where you flying online in this video?,if not, how did you make your ai (KLM 777) to make that precise pushback. Great video by the way!

Yes VATSIM

On 6/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, Alti said:

Hi,
Offtopic:
How do you make the screens in the cockpit so clear? i can not read mine in the NGXu. its washed out.
thanks for an short tipp.

Here you go sir.

FXAA and MipMap OFF

jBmKYzY.png

10 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

keep saying stuff like that, they will be inviting you on the beta team. :0

Sure, if you know Joe North or any of the other LM guys, I’d be happy to test Prepar3d v5/6, the real-world F-32, whatever.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, Tadeu Primo said:

Here you go sir.

FXAA and MipMap OFF

Hi,  Thank you, MipMap Off was my Problem! it already OK now.

• Like 1

As the original initiator of this post I want to say a little or large mea culpa

I missed reading one of the minimum specs of P3Dv5 which is Win 10 v 1809

My system has been stuck at Win 10 v1709 for months even though on automatic update
I could never get it updated-now in computer shop with the geeks to do the business 

May end with Win 10 v2004 and having to reinstall everything-v4.5/v 5 /XPlane OR perhaps only some of them will work properly -who knows

Another learning curve for me !

Sometimes I fly as well!

However when it all comes together it gives me a great feeling of of satisfaction which is the point of the exercise 

I certainly had not picked up in reading many posts how important the version of Win 10 the computer is running is-the fault is all mine

Onwards and upwards

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling

3 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

As the original initiator of this post I want to say a little or large mea culpa

I missed reading one of the minimum specs of P3Dv5 which is Win 10 v 1809

My system has been stuck at Win 10 v1709 for months even though on automatic update
I could never get it updated-now in computer shop with the geeks to do the business 

mybe the inplace upgrade can help you to get 2004?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-perform-an-in-place-upgrade-with-windows-10/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a?auth=1

Very glad for you. 
Now you know what to do 😉

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

13 hours ago, Tadeu Primo said:

My Settings on the Nvidia control panel are default

Nvidia inspector 

Triple Buffering = ON
Vertical Sync Tear Control = Adaptative
Vertical Sync = 1/2 refresh rate. (60hz monitor)

Hardware on video description

Do you notice any mouse lag at all with these settings?  I have a Samsung 60hz Monitor that I use and I notice when use the 1/2 refresh rate I get a bit of a mouse lag.

2 hours ago, airforce806 said:

Do you notice any mouse lag at all with these settings?  I have a Samsung 60hz Monitor that I use and I notice when use the 1/2 refresh rate I get a bit of a mouse lag.

No diference, the profile is set for Prepar3D only. So the other systems are not affected. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, SteveW said:

OhOh - I was explaining how stuff works - that's all - not what some kind of problem was.

Hmm, for a problem that supposedly was entirely a fault on the side of AMD, it is funny that LM has announced that they have now fixed it in their code after working together with AMD, and no driver updates will be necessary. Seems to indicate no problems with the actual drivers or AMD would be implementing a fix on their side, just poor QC and testing on LM side as I indicated before. 

20 hours ago, Prpn said:

Hmm, for a problem that supposedly was entirely a fault on the side of AMD, it is funny that LM has announced that they have now fixed it in their code after working together with AMD, and no driver updates will be necessary. Seems to indicate no problems with the actual drivers or AMD would be implementing a fix on their side, just poor QC and testing on LM side as I indicated before. 

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen their posts on the LM forum. Now to decide whether to swap back in my 5700xt or leave well enough alone...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

On 6/20/2020 at 6:31 AM, Prpn said:

Stuff still works as I explained.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com