Sign in to follow this  
billmoto53

Coupons Not Working? (resolved)

I just purchased the X-Plane versions of the GTN750 and GTN650 expecting to be able to take advantage of the current sale  --  as detailed below:

Special Sale: 30% discount on all editions of Reality XP GTN Touch. Offer valid until June 30, 2020

*Bundle Sale: 50% discount only for products in the same simulator collections: GTN 750+650 Fltsim, GTN 750+650 XPlane.
After downloading the e-commerce installer, select the 'Coupon' button on the payment screen and use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the coupon download link above. If you have used the coupon correctly, the price will automatically adjust before you click the purchase button.

Keeping this short, I attached what I thought was the right .cpn [rxp-add-750-to-650-xplane.cpn  |  file date = 06-Jan-20] when prompted, only to discover afterwards it wasn't accepted for some unknown-to-me reason. So, I wound up paying full purchase price for each unit instead of the discounted pricing  --  $49.95 instead of $35.00 for the GTN750 and $49.95 instead of $24.95 for the GTN650. I think of myself as being reasonably competent in following instructions, but this... well... this has left me dismayed, disappointed and frustrated.

What did I do wrong? And how might I go about receiving the advertised discount? Thanks!

~ B

Hi,

The process is a little bit involving but not complex:

1. Download the e-commerce installer for the products
  2. Download the 30% coupon for the 1st purchase (button right next to the one you've used in step 1).
  3. Unzip the coupon .zip file to get the .cpn file (as in CouPoN).
  4. Run the 1st product e-commerce installer and click the "COUPON" button
  5. Browse to the .cpn file above and follow through the purchase after validating the price reduction.
  6. Download the 50% coupon for the 2nd purchase (button right next to the one you've used in step 1)
  7. If the 1st product is the GTN 750 and the 2nd product is the GTN 650, use the rxp-add-650-to-750-xxxx coupon file (which as the name implies, it means add 650 to 750)
  8. Run the 2nd product e-commerce installer and proceed as above but this time with the 2nd product coupon.

Please note we can't retroactively apply the discount, it must be done at the time of purchase.

I'm sending you a separate PM.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your reply. Your 'step-by-step instruction' above is what's sorely missing from your download partner's process. Its inclusion would certainly have 'dummy-proofed' it for.. well... an apparent 'dummy' like me... And if something similar to your instruction does exist there? Well, I... uh... certainly did not see it. Moreover, if I'm the only person to have had this happen and say something public about it, then so be it. It seems to me a relatively simple 'if-you-want to-do-this-then-do-this' matrix would have done the job... Ultimately, though, I'm not one to blame anyone for anything  --  this is all on me and I fully accept responsibility for my actions; however, I walk away from this simply shaking my head. While challenging to achieve, I think simplicity and intuitiveness are elegant and worthy goals in process design. Sadly, as I have witnessed first-hand in this experience, both of them, unfortunately, are absent.

~ B

13 hours ago, billmoto53 said:

What did I do wrong? 

~ B

You confirmed the purchase at the full price without first making the enquiries you have now undertaken.

Ian S

38.jpg

@billmoto53 Most of these are already documented either online or during the process via popup informative windows, but I agree it might be sometimes difficult. We've been evaluating the modern e-commerce solution from our partner but as it is (still) today, it wouldn't allow us to offer the same level of discount options at all. We do hope they do add the flexibility we're looking for in a future revision.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

hi everybody, 

i think i am also one of the people who misunderstood the process. mainly because of my poor english i think.

i got both p3d and xplane 750s, successfully with the 30% coupon. but i have the feeling i didn't get it right in my "fantasy".

the plan was to get also the 3 rest, 650, 530 and 430 with 50% minus or 25$ each x 2 (p3d and xp versions) = 150$

but in the coupon files i can see only the 650 related to my 750.

so that means only the 650s can get the 50% reduction?

and something else: what do exactly the 650 and 430 do? they have unique functions? or what they do are also included inside the 750 and 530?

thank you 

Nikos Kasimatis

Yassou,

The -50% coupon is to add the 'companion' device and make a complete collection of the same type:

1. GNS 430 + GNS 530
  2. GTN 650 + GTN 750

You can purchase any of these with the -30% coupon and then add the companion device with the -50% coupon.

The GNS 430 and GTN 650 are smaller siblings of the GNS 530 and GTN 750 respectively. They do offer the same level of functionality minus a couple few features either because of the smaller form factor, or just because Garmin didn't include some of these (for example the 430 is missing TAWS unlike the 530).

Smaller units fit better some panels (2 x 430 on the same panel), some panels fit better with a combo (750 + 650) etc...

Still having coupon issues for the 50% discount. For the GTN pair, 50% coupon would not load at all. I did use the 30% coupon on both, created an F1 ticket for the coupon and the great staff over at F! issued a rebate for the coupon difference within an hour. These folks are great to work with.

I decided to take the plunge again with the GNS set. This time, the 50% coupon was initially accepted but kicked out at the last phase of purchase as it did not recognize the initial purchase. The folks at F1, with another ticket opened,  handled it again, gave me a rebate and I gave them all the data I had for their analysis of the problem.

The GTN combo downloaded and installed without issue. Both units fired up in two aircraft...so far no issues.

The GNS combo had a download glitch and would not complete installation. I did the download again and it installed this time. These units also worked well in one aircraft...will give them a checkout in another aircraft shortly.

Overall...the coupons were frustrating at first but excellent help from the F1 staff made the difference.

This was an X-Plane 11.41 install and tested on the RWDesign DHC-6 300 V2, which is al set for the GTN 750 and the GNS 530W V2. I used the LR C172SP stock copy for the GTN 750/650 combo and will also use it for testing the GNS 530W/430W V2 combo.

I just made this post for general  information to help anyone else with an interest at this time.... 🙂

• Like 1

Hello, my question is I bought the GTN750xp a while back and now I'd like to buy the GTN650xp also. Can I use the 30% coupon in this case to get a discount?

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay.

The -30% coupon is when purchasing your first GNS or first GTN product.

You should be able to use the -50% discount on the GTN 650 if you've already purchased the GTN 750!

On 10/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay.

The -30% coupon is when purchasing your first GNS or first GTN product.

You should be able to use the -50% discount on the GTN 650 if you've already purchased the GTN 750!

Thanks, I've got it figured out & purchased.

• Like 1