Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Maddog X Always Skids off the Runway

49 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've been a Beta Tester of the MaddogX since the beginning of the project and I've never encountered or heard of this.  I would be interested to know if this happens in any other higher end airliner (I'm wondering if maybe one of your pots in a controller is out of whack). 

Lots of very good ideas here.  I can't think of anything else to add but I'll think on it.

I use two different controllers on my two computers, one with P3d v4 and the other with P3d v5, but same result anytime I fly the maddog. I do fly several other high end tubeliners so it is definitely related to the maddog but I just can't figure out why.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

51 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I initiate reverse thrust by using the F2 key.

What if:

- Select an auto brake rate around 2 or 3

- Perform a NO reverse landing

4 minutes ago, polosim said:

What if:

- Select an auto brake rate around 2 or 3

- Perform a NO reverse landing

I will certainly give it a shot.

Cheers, Pete

Can you show us a video of this occurring?  Even better, add an overlay of the rudder axis in action?  To create the video I suggestion using OBS Studio (freeware and easy to setup) and then add two Window Captures in OBS, one for P3D and the other for Joystick Tester (also freeware) and we'll be able to see the aircraft and if you're using rudder pedals we'll also be able to see rudder and brake axis in action at the same time.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

51 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Can you show us a video of this occurring?  Even better, add an overlay of the rudder axis in action?  To create the video I suggestion using OBS Studio (freeware and easy to setup) and then add two Window Captures in OBS, one for P3D and the other for Joystick Tester (also freeware) and we'll be able to see the aircraft and if you're using rudder pedals we'll also be able to see rudder and brake axis in action at the same time.

I suppose I can give it a shot. Those two run at the same time?

Cheers, Pete

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

I suppose I can give it a shot. Those two run at the same time?

Cheers, Pete

Yep, absolutely.  Do it all the time.  As I said, use Window Capture for P3D and Joystick Tester.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Okay, I seriously can't find the autobrake panel. That is not good. Where is it located?

Cheers, Pete

I found it.

Edited by PilotPete99

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Okay, I seriously can't find the autobrake panel. That is not good. Where is it located?

Cheers, Pete

There is a tiny little knob in the lower right corner all the way on the aft part of the pedestal. Should be near the right pneumatic cross valve lever. However, not all airframes actually have it installed - make sure your'e flying one that has it 😉 

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I tried the auto brake on medium and max, no luck. I put a ticket in with Leonardo and hope they can help. This makes no sense.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

I’m a newbe to the Maddog also. Did a couple of flights lately, but not a single one of them I’ve got a succesfull landing. Same problems here. The moment I touch the runway the airplane got completely out of control, swirling all over the runway. Did a couple of suggestions mentioned above, but non of them works for me. In the Maddog forum there are a couple of posts with the same problem. I’ve got a Hotas joystick and throttle and Saitek rudder peddals all set in P3D 4.5HF3. Will try further testing with different setups. First I’m going to try without rudder pedals. I hope we find the solution, because its an amazing plane to fly!

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

10 minutes ago, 7neophyte7 said:

I’m a newbe to the Maddog also. Did a couple of flights lately, but not a single one of them I’ve got a succesfull landing. Same problems here. The moment I touch the runway the airplane got completely out of control, swirling all over the runway. Did a couple of suggestions mentioned above, but non of them works for me. In the Maddog forum there are a couple of posts with the same problem. I’ve got a Hotas joystick and throttle and Saitek rudder peddals all set in P3D 4.5HF3. Will try further testing with different setups. First I’m going to try without rudder pedals. I hope we find the solution, because its an amazing plane to fly!

Yep, these are exactly the same problems I have and I saw those same posts on the maddog forum. I can't imagine what can be causing this. This plane will be my favorite for sure once this issue is solved.

Cheers, Pete

56 minutes ago, 7neophyte7 said:

Do a straight in line up, and use VERY little rudder after touchdown until you're under 40 knots.

Dave Hodges

44 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

This plane will be my favorite for sure once this issue is solved.

And... you haven't even tried Shared Cockpit during a VATSIM event.  Just you WAIT!

😉

Dave Hodges

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

And... you haven't even tried Shared Cockpit during a VATSIM event.  Just you WAIT!

😉

Wow..now you are getting ahead of yourself! Sounds like fun! 

Cheers, Pete

Pete, in case it is helpful, I did a quick video of a circuit in the MD82 including showing my control setup and the autobrake use.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT