Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

utLive help in P3D V5 Please

Hi Folks.

I had utLive working in P3D v5 hf1, then I decided to completely clean my drives and do a new install of P3D from scratch. So I have no old P3D V4.5 on my drives any more to work with. I have tried all the install instructions found in another thread but I cannot get it to work, ( no traffic showing at all). I'm getting on a bit and not much of a techi, so could someone kindly show me the way forward in the simplest of terms please. By the way, I do know that V5 compatibility is not official or supported right now.

Thank you in advance for your kindness/help.

Best regards.

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Hi 

You will need to ensure the addon XML file is in your V5 addons folder and linked to the right directory 

Also check the instalation paths for the sim are set correctly in the UTL application

Also it is not yet v5 compatible yet so there may be another issue but i have mine working in V5

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Thank you for your reply cooperwarner8  but I'm afraid I don't understand what your saying. Where do I find the addon.xml file and what directory is it linked to, where should I install utLive in the first place. I'm sorry but I did say I'm not very techi and I just need things explained very, very simply and step by step.

Thanks again.

Malcolm

Edited by rooster hancock 2003

Malcolm Hancock

1 minute ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

Thank you for your reply cooperwarner8  but I'm afraid I don't understand what your saying. Where do I find the addon.xml file and what directory is it linked to, where should I install utLive in the first place. I'm sorry but I did say I'm not very techi and I just need things explained very, very simply and step by step.

Thanks again.

Malcolm

It should be in your C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons folder 

If you had it installed in 4.5 you can just copy the file across. Might be a bit hard if you didn't have it in v4.5

Otherwise you need to make an XML(google how to do this) and add in the following text, but you will need to chnage the install path to match yours

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">
  <Addon.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</Addon.Name>
  <Addon.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</Addon.Description>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>D:\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Hope this helps

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Hi. This is the addon.xml file I have created which I have placed in C:\ users\roost\Documents\Prpar3D v5 Add-ons . The route for my utLive install is,    C:\Program Files\Flight1 Software\ utLive. 

So, my question is, have I edited the xml file correctly because I still don't see anything in sim yet.

Thank you once again.

Malcolm

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">
  <Addon.Name>Ultimate Traffic Live</Addon.Name>
  <Addon.Description>Real, scheduled, commercial ai aircraft traffic, for support please visit www.flight1.com</Addon.Description>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Category>EXE</Category>
    <Path>C:\Users\roost\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
  <Addon.Component>
    <Path>C:\Users\roost\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path>
  </Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm,

<Category>EXE</Category>
<Path>C:\Users\roost\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live\utl_client.exe</Path>

This line should point to the place where you have installed utl_client.exe:

<Category>EXE</Category>
<Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe</Path>

Also

<Path>C:\Users\roost\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Ultimate Traffic Live\utLive Aircraft</Path>

should give the path where utLive Aircraft are installed

Path>C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utLive Aircraft</Path

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

There are a number of posts at the UTL licensed user forum at http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp about this.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I was really frustrated with this. Thanks for letting me know - it works with v5.3

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook