Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Hello Seattle.

Great capture!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Good one! And that is Mt. Rainier also in the shot?

Yes it is, 58.5 miles direct.

• Like 1

Beautiful picture...!!

(Brings back some old memories, had stayed in a nearby hotel, not too far from the base of that Needle, and had taken a tour of it, and then, had headed for a visit to the Boeing Plant...I also recall.....🙂..)

Thanks for sharing...!!

Sigh. Great screen shot! I miss Seattle ...

I live close to the US/Canada border, and every summer, my wife and I take a short road trip (~ 100 miles/160 kilometres) down to Seattle in the summer and stay for a few days at a hotel in downtown Seattle. We had planned to do so this summer, but with the border still closed for another month, we won't be heading down there anytime soon. Actually, even if the border were open, my province has such low COVID numbers, unlike that in Washington state, that I don't think I'd be heading there anyway.

I'm going to have to wait until next year (I hope) to head back down there.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

33 minutes ago, JRMurray said:

Sigh. Great screen shot! I miss Seattle ...

I live close to the US/Canada border, and every summer, my wife and I take a short road trip (~ 100 miles/160 kilometres) down to Seattle in the summer and stay for a few days at a hotel in downtown Seattle. We had planned to do so this summer, but with the border still closed for another month, we won't be heading down there anytime soon. Actually, even if the border were open, my province has such low COVID numbers, unlike that in Washington state, that I don't think I'd be heading there anyway.

I'm going to have to wait until next year (I hope) to head back down there.

Not only the Covid but Seattle is one radical protest city - currently six downtown blocks are 'occupied' by groups and the police are not interfering.  I live in Rochester, about eighty miles south of Seattle and haven't been there in years. 

• Like 1

Those groups failed to put into place a proper logistics path - all their food has been stolen by the homeless in that area!!  BRILLIANT!! 😄😄

Anyhow we cannot discuss politics on AVSIM, sorry 😩

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)