Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

P3d default Flight Planning Issue

Not sure if this in the right spot, so if isn't, please forgive me.    Did a quick search & couldn't find anything.

Have been doing flight planning with the default P3d V4.5 flight planner.

I set up a plan using the PMDG 738NGXU, from Honolulu - Van Nuys. The default High Alt. route gave me a GS of 1065kts., a fuel burn of 18,540 Gal., and a 2:06 flight time.

I realize the PMDG a/c are good, but not that good! ( sarcasm included 🙂 )  I've noticed this with many other a/c too. FSX usually didn't have this problem.

Is this a bug with P3d? How am I supposed to figure a fuel load when it's like this?  Is there a fix for this?  I don't want to use a 3rd party flight planner if I don' have to.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried the default P3D flight planner too, and it seems a lot less capable that I remember the one in FSX being. That one was actually usable (I don't remember a fuel burn feature, though). I was trying to set up a VOR-VOR classic IFR flight and, yeah, it will do that, but I haven't found a way to move the waypoints like I could in FSX. (I haven't found any good solution to this problem, so I guess I'll just use SimBrief.) Speaking of which, I know you said you didn't want to use a third-party planner, but SimBrief is online, and free, and does a great job--including fuel planning that can be adjusted to your simulated airplane as you build experience with it.

• Like 1

I've tried the default P3D flight planner too, and it seems a lot less capable that I remember the one in FSX being.

SORRY. Don't know what happened, but it works the same as FSX after all.