Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

LM Homepage is down......

Not that I care, it's ready when it's ready. If there are still bugs that take a little bit of time to fix, so be it.

But where on earth did you read the words "no hotfix today"? Maybe I should finally get some glasses. 🙂

Newbie here!

When it comes out...is it an update or do I have to uninstall and reinstall it (and add-ons) from scratch?

3 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

Newbie here!

When it comes out...is it an update or do I have to uninstall and reinstall it (and add-ons) from scratch?

You won't have to reinstall add-ons. However, patches to P3D often require add-on devs to update their products for compatibility anyway.

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

You won't have to reinstall add-ons. However, patches to P3D often require add-on devs to update their products for compatibility anyway.

If it’s like the HF1 patch, LM will recommend uninstall and reinstall if the scenery changes. Wait and see. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

7 minutes ago, guibru said:

If it’s like the HF1 patch, LM will recommend uninstall and reinstall if the scenery changes. Wait and see. 

They recommended that people uninstall and reinstall default scenery. Even in that scenario, it didn't impact add-on scenery. You probably know that but just wanted to clarify for the guy asking.

Maybe they want to implement a patch that allows current v4 users to upgrade to v5HF2 free of charge :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, roesti said:

Not that I care, it's ready when it's ready. If there are still bugs that take a little bit of time to fix, so be it.

But where on earth did you read the words "no hotfix today"? Maybe I should finally get some glasses. 🙂

See https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=138392&start=105 last post.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Well I put in a refund request (first time I ever did this), back to 4.5 for me, at least I can fly some aircraft now. Plus avoids a lot of extra expense of some add-on updates.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Well I put in a refund request (first time I ever did this), back to 4.5 for me, at least I can fly some aircraft now. Plus avoids a lot of extra expense of some add-on updates.

...what do you think he's trying to tell us? 😏

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

36 minutes ago, roesti said:

I read it. And maybe I'm missing it, but I neither see any denying nor confirmation that the hotfix comes out today or at any other specific date. If somebody knows more, feel free to share your information 😉

I would think if they were going to release it today they would just release it today.  Not tell us they are still working on things.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

I would think if they were going to release it today they would just release it today.  Not tell us they are still working on things.  

Don´t think it will come today....watch here

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png