Sign in to follow this  
Semper_Artist261

Just Flight C152 Activation Errors

Hey all,

I just signed up after finding this forum doing research to figure out why I cannot get my latest plane to activate with my key.

I've never had a problem buying planes and activating them on my computer to fly them in FSX, until last night with First Flight C152.

When I get to the "activate product" part of the installation, I get script errors relating back to firstflight dot com. Whether I click 'yes' or 'no' to allowing them to run, the result is always the same. I paste the product key into the window and hit 'activate", but nothing happens. I've contacted support, but they say something about making my default browser IE, which I won't do. I use Firefox and a developer's version of Windows 7 with FSX Gold completely updated and filled with aftermarket planes that I've bought over the years. Until this software, I have never had an issue activating planes or using any of them in the program. None of my settings, anti-virus, or browser have changed over those years, so this is a first.

One of the script errors (out of three):

Line: 0

Char. 0

Error: Script error

Code: 0

URL: (broken up to prevent a link) h t t p s: // content. justflight. com /el-polyfill / (etc etc).

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

yes no.

(I can choose either with same failure in the end).

So I've contacted first flight tech support and the vendor. First flight responded with some things to try, but so far nothing works. I've asked them to provide me a direct link to an activated version of the software so I can just skip this nightmare and fly. I provided them with my key and invoice proving I paid for the software, but that message hasn't been answered by them yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Title

I’m not familiar with that developer (First Flight) - you are not talking about the Just Flight 152 by any chance?

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

I’m not familiar with that developer (First Flight) - you are not talking about the Just Flight 152 by any chance?

Bill

Just Flight. Sorry. I was juggling stuff on my screen when I posted. Just Flight Cessna C152

6 hours ago, Semper_Artist261 said:

How do I edit the title and comment so there's no confusion. uggh.

apologies.

I took care of it for you.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

13 hours ago, Semper_Artist261 said:

I've contacted support, but they say something about making my default browser IE, which I won't do. I use Firefox and a developer's version of Windows 7 with FSX Gold

Although I’m not sure it will resolve the problem, one option that might be worth a try would  be to deactivate any antivirus software and redownload the 152 and install it before reactivating the antivirus.

You could also try JF’s suggestion and temporarily make IE your default browser and then change the default back to Firefox once it is all done. I have had to do something similar with another product a couple of months ago and temporarily make Microsoft Edge my default browser.

I assume you purchased this directly from Just Flight? Martyn from JF, to be fair, is always very helpful and if none of the above suggestions help then it might be worth posting this over at the JF Forum. If all else fails I would have thought they would refund your purchase cost but I’m sure you would prefer to get your 152 working as it is an excellent product.

Bill

Edited by scianoir
  • Like 1

Thanks admin.

So, I basically tried everything yesterday. In fact, I tried and tried all day long to no avail....from default browsers, anti-virus, safe mode, etc etc because the only email back from just flight  yesterday was about default browsers and anti-virus. I couldn't believe seeing those script errors pop up when I tried install in safe mode. That's when I knew this was a weird problem.

This morning, they sent me an email, so I guess it's one a day for them. For me, it's another day lost.

In today's email, a guy named Simon (says) I need to make sure my version of IE is 11. I don't use that program and clogging up my computer with massive updates of a program I don't use, just to activate THEIR key is a super huge annoyance.

SMH I will try to upgrade the dumb browser, switch default and try activation one more time.

Success!

All I did was go into Windows Updates and click to update everything on the list. I did Not have to make IE my default browser, no changes to my anti-virus, etc etc. Just the Windows update and restart.

Now to see if the plane works in FSX!

Thanks for the responses. I hope this thread will help someone else having the problem in the future.

Update: The plane is awesome! I love the way it handles, sounds, looks, etc. They did a great job on this design. Wish the different liveries had different interiors too and avionics, but I'm happy with the plane for sure. I would recommend to a friend.

Thanks everyone and hope this helps someone down the road.

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:05 PM, Semper_Artist261 said:

Update: The plane is awesome! 

Just Flight have expanded their in-house development team in recent years and they have produced some top quality aircraft including the 152. Amongst the GA aircraft the team have produced I can also highly recommend their Arrow, the Trinidad and Tobago package and the Beech Duchess. In addition they have produced some great military aircraft both modern and vintage - their Avro Vulcan, for example, is a masterpiece of systems development some of which are quite unique and, although you can just jump in and fly it if you wish, operating the systems in depth requires a thorough study of the extensive manual.

Bill

Having a lot of fun flying the plane. I've noticed some glitching, but that might be my limited memory system here. If I take off with 10% flaps, full power, full mixture, rotate at 65, the plane will loop out and stall no matter how hard I push the yoke. I assume it's the elevation of the airport, but who knows. I'm also having problems starting the motor up on dark and cold setup. Occasionally, I get the transparent plane problem.

In any case, the plane is a blast to fly. I'd like to check out some STOL planes to fly, or some other more rare planes like say the Pipistrel Alpha or Kitfox, etc.

Earlier this week I again looked into getting my private pilot license and hit the brick wall of cost of doing it. My wife says I'll just have to keep flying in my dreams.

I took helicopter lessons in 1988 in a Hughes 300, but the costs were just too high, even back then. I tried the Army, but there was no way unless I had a 4 year degree which would have cost even more than just the private lessons. I was 19 years old. The only option was working with aircraft in some enlisted non-flyer role. In the 90's I worked at the local airport, had pilot clients who flew me to jobs and one who offered to be my CFI, but again...costs. Now that I'm 50 years old, it's looking like I'll never get there. At least I have the sim.

I'll look at some of the modern/vintage planes you mentioned, Bill. I'd love it if these companies had more into ultra lights and experimentals, like the Kitfox, Rans Coyote, CGS Hawk, Aerolite 103, Arrow 450 (do they have this one?), etc.

You can, however, enjoy working for and earning your solo and ppl license in the Sim.  Do the Lessons and the solo and ppl tests.  Maybe work your way up to the Commercial Pilot's test.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, Semper_Artist261 said:

If I take off with 10% flaps, full power, full mixture, rotate at 65, the plane will loop out and stall no matter how hard I push the yoke. I assume it's the elevation of the airport,

You should be able to take off without problems with that configuration - how high is the airport elevation?

There are quite a few good STOL aircraft out there but if you are thinking of an ultralight, a nice one that I can recommend is the very reasonably priced (but often available in sales) Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic by Lionheart. There are also quite a few freeware ultralight aircraft out there of variable quality, some very good, so it's worth a trawl through the various freeware libraries if you are looking for a particular type.

Bill

3 hours ago, charliearon said:

You can, however, enjoy working for and earning your solo and ppl license in the Sim.  Do the Lessons and the solo and ppl tests.  Maybe work your way up to the Commercial Pilot's test.

Yah, that would actually be fun to do.

42 minutes ago, scianoir said:

You should be able to take off without problems with that configuration - how high is the airport elevation?

There are quite a few good STOL aircraft out there but if you are thinking of an ultralight, a nice one that I can recommend is the very reasonably priced (but often available in sales) Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic by Lionheart. There are also quite a few freeware ultralight aircraft out there of variable quality, some very good, so it's worth a trawl through the various freeware libraries if you are looking for a particular type.

Bill

When it looped up uncontrollably and stalled, with no forward yoke control, I was taking off from Van Nuys airport.