Sign in to follow this  
Deankinch

Gns 430 map view stuttering

Hi, newbie to the RXP game.

using FSX boxed. Stable FPS 40+. 
I use rxp for my realsimgear 430 using the popoutof the gps and dragged to the realsimgear monitor

(anyone know a way to keep it there between shut downs/machine power offs do tell! Or a better way tk display the rxp in the realsimgear?)

While flying if i have the rxp display set to the second screen. Flight map display/route etc. I get stutters on my scenery. No FPS changes, still in the 40s. Soon as i change the rxp display to say tarrain or traffic. Problem stops. Its annoying and odd. As i say no FPS changes though, just stuttering. 
anyone had this before and know a fix?

cheers

Hi,

You might want to further indicate your OS, Video Card, Driver versions etc...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

You might want to further indicate your OS, Video Card, Driver versions etc...

How will that help? This is clearly a problem with the RXP product? A problem with a specific screen on it? Where the sim and machines performance is not implicated but a visual difference is being seen when on a certain view of the RXP product?

5 hours ago, Deankinch said:

How will that help? This is clearly a problem with the RXP product? A problem with a specific screen on it? Where the sim and machines performance is not implicated but a visual difference is being seen when on a certain view of the RXP product?

That's like going to a doctor's office and they take your BP, heart rate, height, weight, medical history etc. even though you are visiting for something that you think has nothing to do with these...

Zicheng Cai

5 hours ago, Deankinch said:

How will that help?

From a fellow user all I can say is: Well you certainly cannot find that out until you do......

Did you look through the topics here in this GNS forum to find this one?  Link is below the image:

image.png.aa0e91e2fe04418ea623612b96172c2b.png

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/575004-realsimgear-and-gns-products/

Just an example as there may be more.  Took me less than a minute to find it, and if you read down through it you will find developers of both products falling all over themselves to help with that issue. And this is on page one of the topics listing here.  Just too easy to find.

If you take a few minutes to look through additional pages you will likely find more RealSimGear GNS topics.  At a minimum reading them can put you in touch with others using both products together and perhaps they can help.

I did not find any instances of others having the same problem you are describing.  I seriously doubt that there are only 2 or 3 other users using both products together.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 hours ago, Deankinch said:

How will that help?

I don't know until you provide the information, but to illustrate 'why': what if you're using a video card driver with a certain OS update which is known to cause a graphics issue under some circumstances you are especially triggering with the combination of hardware and software you're using?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)