Sign in to follow this  
FPStewy

Can a P3D Captain check CYYC with FsAerodata for me

I'm using the latest NA navaids from aero.sors.fr and P3D isn't showing 17L/35R and it has 17R/35L as 16/34 instead. I have the lastest AIRAC 2006/1 cycles as of this date.

I'm wondering if it's just aero.sors.fr that isn't updated, can someone check to see if their FsAerodata has 17L/34R for CYYC

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

You didn't specify what P3d version you are using  but the freeware website clearly states that only parts of the package are compatible with P3d5. There are as of yet no ILS updates for P3d5. The fsaerodata developer initially expressed reservations about producing a V5 version because LM made changes to the SDK. But he figured it out.

Until LM switches to either Navigraph or a similar format, updating the navigation database with each AIRAC release will continue to require fsaerodata.

I thought (perhaps incorrectly!) that the ILS information is from the AFCAD of the scenery file, not the simulator data.

I'm wondering if the OP shouldn't be looking at the AFCAD file for whatever version of CYYC they are using.

It is. That's why fsaerodata updates stock airports.

Ok I've been trying to understand this for a while and the problem seems to be with the scenery, or Orbx scenery. According to this Orbx post https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/191827-airports-updated-in-p3dv5-but-not-in-orbx/

P3Dv5 has included both parallel runways for 17R/L and 35R/L for CYYC so I take it that v4.5 doesn't have 17L/35R in the scenery. But if I leave the Orbx region scenery enable with Orbx 'ADE_FTX_NRM_CYYC_Calgary_Intl.BGL'  and ADE_FTX_NRM_CYYC_Calgary_Intl_CVX.bgl' files it will revert back to the 16/34. However if I disable the above Orbx CYYC BGL's in v4.5 I will do get 17R/35L instead of 16/34 but the scenery doesn't have 17L/35R. So fsAerodata has the correct data for 17R/35L but won't have 17L/35R until the scenery gets updated by Orbx.

that was a handful, FS20 can't come soon enough.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

If it isn’t a single airport product, which Calgary isn’t, ORBX isn’t likely to update it. Your only option is to update the airport with ADE. Or find another 3rd party version.

21 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If it isn’t a single airport product, which Calgary isn’t, ORBX isn’t likely to update it.

Orbx has a problem, at what point will we say that the Orbx regions are "outdated" eventually a large number of region airports will all have skewed data if you want to fly IFR or ATC with fsAerodata and Navigraph.