Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

ORBX TrueEarth Great Britain Success

So, I uninstalled Global Base, Vector, Landclass, Regions, Trees, Flora, Buildings, ORBX airports, city scenes, and any third party sceneries, taking P3dv4.5 scenery back to default.  Then I installed on a separate SSD TE Great Britain North, Central and South, together with every single ORBX Great Britain airport.  All of this went flawlessly.  I can honestly say that I like TE+airports way better than all the Global, etc. and airports.  Performance has been the same with identical addons (AS4, ASCA, A2A, and Ultimate Traffic) and identical settings.  Al in all I really like ORBX this way.

• Like 2

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

"Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS"

Indeed - RIP Michael. Learned a lot from him in the early days.

• Upvote 1

That is quite a reduction in product layers.

In terms of what you added back, was there Orbx guidance on that somewhere, or did you take a punt?

I'm wondering if HD Buildings, HD Trees, Flora come with TE GB, or what comes with TD GB matches them?

T45

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Al in all I really like ORBX this way.

As long as you only fly in the TE areas.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

As long as you only fly in the TE areas.

Correct-but those are pretty big areas for my puddle jumper 172 🙂

2 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

That is quite a reduction in product layers.

In terms of what you added back, was there Orbx guidance on that somewhere, or did you take a punt?

I'm wondering if HD Buildings, HD Trees, Flora come with TE GB, or what comes with TD GB matches them?

T45

I had the same questions and started a thread on how all the ORBX products worked together.  The answer is that for TE areas you only need TE and the airports.  All the rest is used only if you fly outside TE areas. TE incorporates mesh, landclass, buildings and all the rest.  Maybe ORBX intentionally leaves that distinction muddy so you'll buy products you may not need.  I also have TE Netherlands, so that's plenty of scenery for now.

6 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

I had the same questions and started a thread on how all the ORBX products worked together.  The answer is that for TE areas you only need TE and the airports.  All the rest is used only if you fly outside TE areas. TE incorporates mesh, landclass, buildings and all the rest.  Maybe ORBX intentionally leaves that distinction muddy so you'll buy products you may not need.  I also have TE Netherlands, so that's plenty of scenery for now.

I don’t think orbx leaves the distinction muddy to to trick you at all.

It’s exactly the same concept as the Orbx regions, which have been round for years. Absolutely not a secret.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I don’t think orbx leaves the distinction muddy to to trick you at all.

It’s exactly the same concept as the Orbx regions, which have been round for years. Absolutely not a secret.

Quite true; however at least 5 other people in my prior thread were as confused as I was.

I purchased every single one of the ORBx UK airfields back in the day for use with Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery, and all of them (with the possible exception of EGPB Sumburgh) worked just fine with a few minor tweaks.

Ironically, those same airfields have a problem with ORBx TrueEarth Great Britain if you want to fly in winter....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png