Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 18th, 2020 - Development Update

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Glad ChaoticBeauty got a well deserved shout out.

For the second time already!

Well deserved. He's one of the most positively commited guys about that new sim. Together with guys like @Krakin, @simtom or @Shack95 ...

• Like 7

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

This update has the first true screenshot of The Netherlands I believe. LiduRob captured the city of Naarden quite nicely. interesting how, next to the sewage treatment plant, there is a building that isn't there in real life.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

another great update - loving the short Vids

really hope the waves in the 1st Casebug92496684 shot are not static - they look very realistic

Buntan looks brilliant

Minor gripe - in the 4th Casebug92496684 shot the Cockpit Bokeh looks terrible, and leads the eye into it rather than away and to the landscape behind.

The 747 take off pic looks real 

where is the LiduRob shot, anyone know?

Brilliant basically and I cannot wait. I did have something in my Xbox insider thingy this morning, but it was an invitation to test some Bug game or something - oh well at least my Daughter will be happy.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

In the last update thread there were some complaints about the clouds and some were saying how active sky / rex / p3d clouds were better (transparency?) or could end up being better than fs2020 clouds. I dont think so. Those cloud shots are stunning. There is nothing anywhere close to that available now or will be available from any third party vendor using whatever restricted sdk they use.

Absolutely amazing sky shots. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

This update has the first true screenshot of The Netherlands I believe. LiduRob captured the city of Naarden quite nicely. interesting how, next to the sewage treatment plant, there is a building that isn't there in real life.

That is interesting isn't it?

ggddf345.jpg

I wonder why it did that?

It isn't photogrammetry in Bing so maybe it's thrown a little too much Autogen in to the mix.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Quite right.

The shadowing on the landscape is in line with the time of day the Bing Imagery was taken.

Something which should be addressed in the future one would hope.

Image below is Bing - borrowed from Shack95 over on the In-game v Satellite Thread.

iVvA0RJ.jpg

If this is from Bing, that means the breaking waves are not animated, but static? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 767lover said:

If this is from Bing, that means the breaking waves are not animated, but static? 

Umm. Do you remember in the Alicante shot - I thought there's two distinct wave behaviours going on there; one from the photogrammetry and one being generated by the sim. I wonder if we'll see that a lot.

ali423.jpg

See in the images below - in the sim we have a very distinct Water/ Land cutoff line - I guess this is where the odd waves are going to be happening.

watercutoff11.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

32 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

That is interesting isn't it?

It isn't photogrammetry in Bing so maybe it's thrown a little too much Autogen in to the mix.

The AI might have been fooled: Hey, the grass has a dark patch there, might be a building instead...

When I compare other buildings in that photo I notice that the sim does a good job on smaller buildings/houses but it has difficulty in finding the right type or scale for large buildings. Considering the AI has to do the whole world (which is BIG, as Asobo explained) it has done a good job and hopefully it will continue to improve even after release.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Quite right.

The shadowing on the landscape is in line with the time of day the Bing Imagery was taken.

Something which should be addressed in the future one would hope.

Just the fact that people are raising this as an issue or a thing to fix just shows how far the sims have come now 😃

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, rjetster said:

Out of curiosity, what are you expecting to see?

Bush Flying!!!!

I'd like to see some bush flying.  😔

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Could be departing, not landing?

I thought it was taking off as well.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

10 hours ago, snglecoil said:

Could be departing, not landing?

Sorry, double post because the browser on my work laptop sucks.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

They have set the bar very high, therefore I'm not impressed by these "brief" updates anymore. I'm glad that I did not wait for this till 2 am like before.

• Like 2

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

I'm wondering why none of these screenshots have ever contained any AI aircraft. We haven't heard a thing about the live traffic feature since the airports episode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

There is a building there in both OSM and Bing Maps. OSM:

hAM4TDg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2