Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 18th, 2020 - Development Update

12 hours ago, jlund said:

Wow, that's one disappointing update. Not only is it VERY short, but it's the same kind of pictures as always. I think by now we're all impressed by the clouds and the sunflares, but really...... there's so many other things they could show..

Short update but not disappointing to me at all. That would have to be the best serious of screenshots I’ve ever seen so far.
If that’s all from the lates Alpha build, then we truly are in for a treat in the future. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

There is a building there in both OSM and Bing Maps. OSM:

hAM4TDg.jpg

Out of curiosity, I checked in Google Earth -- there were two buildings there matching the above outlines in 2015, no longer present in satellite images from 2018. I guess there's always going to be some lag in the data, but the overall accuracy is pretty impressive...

Edited by tymk
EDIT: added quote for clarity...
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Of course! Data lag. Has to be it.

I think this update has been one of the most interesting - feature discovery episodes aside - we're starting to see an amazing looking sim.

We're a bunch of nervous chattering pioneers, waiting in the ready-room, donks running outside on the apron - about to be the pioneer aviators of this incredible new world - our world.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MUC1 said:

The direction of the shadows (plane and rock) are different. The shadow of the rock is not in line with the sun. But I think this is hard to correct. 

This is something that every sim using orthos suffers from. MSFS has done a great job removing a lot of the shadows, but it'll never be perfect.

People have to pick their poison. Bland generic scenery or sometimes seeing shadows that are cast wrong. MSFS actually lets you choose both.

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Of course! Data lag. Has to be it.

I don't suppose we can ask the locals to restore the building so reality matches the sim better, can we?

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 5

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

34 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I don't suppose we can ask the locals to restore the building so reality matches the sim better, can we?

Yes, can we get a team on to that right away please.

57 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Well, since you're volunteering (and you seem to live closer to the place than any of us anyway)... 😄

• Like 1

Screenshot-898-scaled.jpg
According to the Google Earth the trees in the background are totally different types (not pine, fir trees)  in the reality . And a lot fewer trees , and smaller trees, not a forest. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Atesz said:

According to the Google Earth the trees in the background are totally different types (not pine, fir trees)  in the reality . And a lot fewer trees , and smaller trees, not a forest. 

Oh my God! don't overdo it with accuracy! It looks good, really good! 

If you want to be more specific, fly in reality. You are so ungrateful grumblers! 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Atesz said:

Easy son - you're coming in to a hornet's nest there with your first post.

Take it easy. Trees have been BIG on the agenda...;-)

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 4

Why does the 747 look like it’s in space in those screenshots. It looks like one of those bad photoshops of something that’s meant to be from space. Even with the sun so low on the sky, it does not look like that from 36000 feet 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bonchie said:

This is something that every sim using orthos suffers from. MSFS has done a great job removing a lot of the shadows, but it'll never be perfect.

People have to pick their poison. Bland generic scenery or sometimes seeing shadows that are cast wrong. MSFS actually lets you choose both.

MSFS is far superior over normal Ortho IMO. Just finished some flights between LOWW and LOWI. Have a look what happens unless you spend hours over hours picking together the right sources and retouching work in PS and even then there's no guarantee it's perfect...

2wWRWNI.jpg

MSFS checks for surfaces and puts 3D objects (and maybe textures / color correction) on top of those identified areas. This analytic approach is necessary to be able to have seasons as well.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, Greek said:

Watch this:

OMG - the clouds look like cotton balls!  Just kidding - very awesome stuff.

Cheers

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

47 minutes ago, tweekz said:

MSFS is far superior over normal Ortho IMO. Just finished some flights between LOWW and LOWI. Have a look what happens unless you spend hours over hours picking together the right sources and retouching work in PS and even then there's no guarantee it's perfect...

MSFS checks for surfaces and puts 3D objects (and maybe textures / color correction) on top of those identified areas. This analytic approach is necessary to be able to have seasons as well.

Love your work...Keep going.

X

5 hours ago, Deleted said:

Oh my God! don't overdo it with accuracy! It looks good, really good! 

If you want to be more specific, fly in reality. You are so ungrateful grumblers! 

One can never overdo it with accuracy in a simulation.

• Like 3