Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 18th, 2020 - Development Update

Is that a 747-8 or a U2? 😆 Nice screenshots though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

As always a great update 🙂 maybe the alpha testers can give a hint on that- is there a smoke system in development? Especially on the high altitude shots I am missing some contrails behind the 747 and A320 😀

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

One can never overdo it with accuracy in a simulation.

The project should go for 10 years. It is constantly being improved. We cannot expect it to be perfect from the start.

The world is very big. It is already remarkable what MS and asobo did for us. 

A year ago, none of us would have thought that our world would appear in a flight simulator with these details, like now. Anyone who complains now should stick to their p3d or xplane with their damned 2D orthos. 

• Like 18

19 hours ago, Deleted said:

Oh my God! don't overdo it with accuracy! It looks good, really good! 

If you want to be more specific, fly in reality. 

I agree. There is nothing wrong with pointing out some glitches but we should keep things in perspective. Let's not forget where we are coming from with the other flightsims.

MSFS should be a flightsim as well. Not a completely accurate replica of the earth.

14 hours ago, Farlis said:

That statement would only be true for a developer with unlimited resources and no timeframe within the product is to be released.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I agree. There is nothing wrong with pointing out some glitches but we should keep things in perspective. Let's not forget where we are coming from with the other flightsims.

MSFS should be a flightsim as well. Not a completely accurate replica of the earth.

That statement would only be true for a developer with unlimited resources and no timeframe within the product is to be released.

Well said! 

People here are over analyzing screenshots, looking for any minor imperfections.  When I'm flying, I'm totally immersed in the sim world. i don't even notice anything but major graphical glitches and bugs, which are the only things I report.

While viewing screenshots and videos does give you an idea of what MSFS 2020 is going to be like, it isn't the same as running this sim and being in control of a moving aircraft in a dynamic simulated world. The difference is like looking at images of food, compared to sitting down to a nice dinner.

Edited by Arwen
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Well said! 

People here are over analyzing screenshots, looking for any minor imperfections.  When I'm flying, I'm totally immersed in the sim world. i don't even notice anything but graphical glitches and bugs, which are the only things I report.

While viewing screenshots and videos does give you an idea of what MSFS 2020 is going to be like, it isn't the same as running this sim and being in control of a moving aircraft in a dynamic simulated world. The difference is like looking at images of food, compared to sitting down to a nice dinner.

I agree.

I think of the sim world as its own world with its own rules. Celebrate them. Enjoy them.

Who can forget the awesome "Finger Of God" glitch in FSX!

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2020 at 5:32 PM, Farlis said:

Depends on how much you want to spend.

• Upvote 2

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

On 6/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Arwen said:

People here are over analyzing screenshots, looking for any minor imperfections.

Yes I agree, and it's a getting bit silly in some of these cases. Yes, if there is something really amiss, then fine, point it out, but some of this is wanting fidelity that is not realistically possible at this point in time, with the resources and tech available. Not to mention a development time frame where we actually see a release.

From where we are, to where we are going is a huge leap. Can we not be content with that?

• Like 4

Is that VQPR in the pics, looks pretty detailed. And where is the wingflex on the 747.

1 hour ago, him225 said:

And where is the wingflex on the 747.

Wingflex is on the wings. 

Anyway, who cares unless you're another annoying 14 yr wanting to impress your discord 'friends'.  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

It's not even a flying shot, but I LOVE this one. I'm so excited about the prospect of GA/bush/grass and dirt strips finally being realistic and fun. 

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1