Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Along the Great Divide (Part 3)

Along the Great Divide (Part 3)

Departing from Eagle County (KEGE) and staying low in the canyon, follow the Colorado River down to Glenwood Springs turning sharply at the Roaring Fork River to our first landing at Glenwood Springs Municipal (KGWS).   The route continues up the Roaring Fork River past Carbondale and up to Aspen (KASE).  The next stop is a short 26nm hop up to Leadville (KLXV).  Finding the right canyon will help getting over the high 14,000 peaks that bar the way to Leadville.  Departing to the southwest we fly back over the high peaks to land at Gunnison (KGUC).  The route continues with a 45 nm leg to waypoint at Orvis Hot Springs. Turning the route follows the Uncomphahgre River up to Ouray and follows the Million Dollar Highway along Red Mountain Creek to Black Bear Pass where we turn and must climb, cross the pass and then descend to Telluride (KTEX).  Departing Telluride we will follow the Howard Fork of the San Miguel River up to the pass below the Lookout Peaks then rejoin and follow the Million Dollar Highway down to the waypoint at Silverton.  From Silverton the route follows the Animus River valley down to the town of Durango and then on to the final destination Durango-La Plata County (KDRO).

The route is 266 miles. 

Documentation
The flightplan can be found here.

Aircraft
Choose your favorite GA aircraft.  The route features challenging high altitude airports, terrrain and will require some steep climbs.  Density altitude will impact performance in non-turbocharged aircraft.  I will be in the A2A Bonanza.  As always you are free to fly what you like.

W0GWbnG.jpg 

Scenery
The flight looks best with the payware Orbx North American Landclass.  Today’s flight also features two Orbx payware airports: KEGE and KTEX (P3D v4.5). 

Particulars
Date and time: June 20, 2020. 1800 UTC
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is 
here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked
 here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Blimey! I was just brushing up on my Aussie accent! 😜

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Woah, schedule change, this is today! Now I know how the Spitfire pilots felt when they were sitting around having their morning coffee and all of a sudden the speakers announce "Incoming enemy fighters" !

Ted 

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Jeff,
Thanks for stepping in and ofc the flight! Outstanding! ))
A few screenshots for y'all, not the best... Oh well.. ---> Here
Here are my aliases for the V35's, the rest are actual; Bert in the F33, Ron in the IV-P, Ted in the Legacy & myself in the Marchetti..
Nick - N830T ( red, wht, grey stripe )
Jeff - N37120 ( wht, maroon, gold stripe )
Mike - N275BM ( tan, white, brown strip ) 
Josh - N295K ( metallic, red )

Great turnout and flight!
Have a good rest of the weekend & week.

• Like 4

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

In the famous words of Iain Emms:

"Great set of shots there Roman"

Cheers, Ron 👍

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Look forward to these lovely reminders every time that we get them.
Thanks, Roman.

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1