Sign in to follow this  
mSparks

747-400ER (free updates to default)

FYI, there has been a lot of action with 744 mods recently

You can download from here:

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400

Rather than ask whats changed, you can review the commit history

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/commits/master

Still a lot more to do ("getting there slowly"), but master branch on the above is turning out to be a really nice plane to fly imho, especially now the worst of the bugs have been fixed.

• Like 6

AutoATC Developer

I am going to test this one out. Thanks!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Tested this one out and liking it alot, however I struggle with it on approach. Is there any documentation for it anywhere..?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Tested this one out and liking it alot, however I struggle with it on approach. Is there any documentation for it anywhere..?

google "747-441 Operations Manual" for a reasonably suitable fcom

ils left and right will auto tune when you hit the app button as long as an ILS approach is programmed into the fmc (app/dep button)

engage all three autopilots for full autoland - thats still probably a little "dangerous" - the code for autoland is in 

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/blob/master/plugins/xtlua/scripts/B747.70.xt.autopilot/B747.autoland.lua

but it can

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

17 minutes ago, mSparks said:

google "747-441 Operations Manual" for a reasonably suitable fcom

ils left and right will auto tune when you hit the app button as long as an ILS approach is programmed into the fmc (app/dep button)

enage all three autopilots for full autoland - thats still probably a little "dangerous" - the code for autoland is in 

https://github.com/mSparks43/747-400/blob/master/plugins/xtlua/scripts/B747.70.xt.autopilot/B747.autoland.lua

but it can

Thanks for the tip, will check out

Hehe. Yeah, I did the full autoland and it flared beautifully and I was sitting and feeling impressed. Then it floated along the entire runway and I had to wrest control back and do a manual go-around. 😃

Richard

Nice!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looks very good!

If you want some inspiration for some details I suggest visiting Britjet's youtubes ( using PSX as a basis for simulation )

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=2583.0

Subsonic Flight Training Youtube channel also offers in it's EP8 series some interesting details on the peculiarities of the 744 FMS ( also using PSX )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyIqbvh-dKt1APLwjGbY8Q/videos

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

word not allowed question but humour me. Been to the linked web site but not clear what I need to download. Is it all the separate files or one single file.

Thanks for any help

Tim

9 hours ago, thepitts said:

word not allowed question but humour me. Been to the linked web site but not clear what I need to download. Is it all the separate files or one single file.

Thanks for any help

Tim

click the green "code" button then download as zip.

that will download a zip file containing everything you need (except the installers for windows insufficiencies listed in the readme which only need installing once) to extract into your aircraft folder.

You can also use a program called github desktop which allows updating just the files that have changed as more is fixed and added (theres some updates from other people waiting for me to merge when I get back off holiday for example, and vnav is nearly ready),

check the discord server linked in the readme for loads more details.

AutoATC Developer

Downloaded the mod a couple of days ago, been doing some short flights with engines running, still not managed an ILS landing yet but will give it another go, Tried to day to start up from c&d but getting a problem with the displays  not showing correctly, any suggestion, not to sure if I've missed a step out,

many thanks

iIv7v6y.png

Tf3tIpz.png

Edited by onebob

26 minutes ago, onebob said:

not to sure if I've missed a step out

I believe you need to set/missed setting your position on the POS INIT page

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer