Sign in to follow this  
Danny Schildmeijer

Chaseplane/WINDOWS 10

As I had reached the developers who made chaseplane i still don't have the program running there help is disgustingly slow .

Now I try to get help here to

Pleas help solving this wat does the following message mean and what do i need to do.

I get the following message after executing chaseplan:  Access to the path 'C:\Users\DSchi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.xml' is denied.

1. I need it to get work in P3D v4 so i don't understand the ....FSX/EXE.xml' is denied... there is no option whit the installer to point the installation into another directory...

2. i have full ownership of all my files on PC.

3. I've un/re- installed several times.

4. There is no antivirus and firewall present.

5. Contacted the devs. wich are very slow and with no answer wich solves the thing.

6. I run windows 10 on Bootcamp via MAC OS

7. If you need more info, please ask....

9. Thank you in advance for you help! chears Danny...

Edited by Danny Schildmeijer

I wouldn't pretend to know the answer. I don't use P3D. But I Googled "exe.xml p3d v4" and came up with several things that might help you.

There is no exe.xml in my FSX folder in that location, if that helps you any. Nor anywhere on my system. I found this quote that refers to v2, but I wouldn't be surprised based on other things I read in the few minutes I spent on it, that it might apply universally.

"This may already be mentioned but the exe.xml in p3d v2 doesn't exist by default. Some software addons will install it but the easiest way to install it is if you have a copy of FSX on your system and copy the FSX exe.xml file to p3d. Then open it in a standard text editor and edit it to eliminate anything that pertains to FSX and is not installed in p3d. If you look at the FSX exe.xml file you will see it is pretty straight forward and easily understandable for editing."

Good luck 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.