Sign in to follow this  
pilot87

[Resolved] Orbx Traffic & AILRP

Hi Simbol and all,

I'm having some trouble in getting AI Lights Reborn Professional to capture the models in the Orbx packages during the model scan process. Currently using P3Dv4.5.

I currently have the following AI setup:

• AIG-OCI
  • Orbx Australia & New Zealand and North American GA (for Aus & NZ I only use the GA packages to avoid interference with AIG-OCI flight plans)
  • My own manually created flight plans

Both the OCI and my own plan models are captured by AILRBP however the Orbx ones are not. From my brief review, the Orbx models are common models that are also in use in other packages. 

The Orbx package uses the discovery addon.xml method and I have confirmed it is active in the programdata\...\add-ons.cfg file (not present in the the roaming\...\add-ons.cfg file):

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=F:\P3D External\AI Traffic\Orbx2\p3dv4
TITLE=Orbx AI Traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

The other two AI packages are in the same "P3D External\AI Traffic" folder. Any thoughts on why AILRBP might not be seeing these models? Have I missed something in my set up?

Cheers!

Hi there,

Can you check if the ORBX traffic have panel folders inside their SimObjects?  If so remove the panel folders and try again.

Regards,

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol - can't see any panel folders. There are panel entries in the aircraft.cfg but they're not attached to anything (e.g. "panel=")

I couldn't find any other mentions of this issue, so I figure either not many others are using the Orbx traffic or I've missed something

52 minutes ago, pilot87 said:

Thanks Simbol - can't see any panel folders. There are panel entries in the aircraft.cfg but they're not attached to anything (e.g. "panel=")

I couldn't find any other mentions of this issue, so I figure either not many others are using the Orbx traffic or I've missed something

So there are not any panel folders inside the AI Models? are you sure? because this would cause AILRP to think it is a flyable airplane and skip it.

S.

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

So there are not any panel folders inside the AI Models? are you sure? because this would cause AILRP to think it is a flyable airplane and skip it.

S.

Correct - no panel folders inside the AI models, in each aircraft parent folder there is the following:

• model folder
  • soundai folder
  • Fallback texture folder (common propeller and night cabin textures)
  • Multiple livery folders
  • Aircraft.cfg
  • .air folder

There are a few obscure models but most are from various well known authors such as FAIB and HTAI.

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Something else to check is how ORBX is installing the traffic. Can you find out if it is declaring it as a SimObjects type?

S.

I believe it is, the addon.xml has this:

Spoiler

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>

P.

19 minutes ago, pilot87 said:

I believe it is, the addon.xml has this:

Hide contents

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>

P.

Interesting this doesn't have a full path.. Normally all SimObjects have a full path to the location of the AI Models, for example this is the one for FLAI / BVAI

RUCkB7v.jpg&key=591f62cf989fe296bd4162b1

UTL Does the same.. I wonder if OBRX is installing the AI models inside the default P3D SimObject Folder. Can you check that? if it is, that is the reason for being ignored as AI Lights Reborn always skips by design all the SimObjects inside the default P3D folder in order to avoid conflicts with flyable airplanes, etc.

Regards,

Simbol 

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Interesting this doesn't have a full path.. Normally all SimObjects have a full path to the location of the AI Models, for example this is the one for FLAI / BVAI

UTL Does the same.. I wonder if OBRX is installing the AI models inside the default P3D SimObject Folder. Can you check that? if it is, that is the reason for being ignored as AI Lights Reborn always skips by design all the SimObjects inside the default P3D folder in order to avoid conflicts with flyable airplanes, etc.

Regards,

Simbol 

I can definitely confirm the models are installed outside of the core sim folder. Also confirming no ORBX models found within the core P3D simobjects folder.

Reference the non-full paths I had a look at AIM-OCI and they use full paths, however when I explored further at other scenery/aircraft that use the discovery method (addon.xml in the addon folder rather than in "Dcouments") they don't have full paths either. None of my ORBX or FlyTampa scenery have full paths, nor do the Aerosoft A3XX buses or the A2A Cessna 182 (these last two are probably more relevant as they are simobjects). There must be some flexibility if you're installing by that method as the addon.xml file is in the actual addon folder not elsewhere on the computer (e.g. Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons).

2 minutes ago, pilot87 said:

I can definitely confirm the models are installed outside of the core sim folder. Also confirming no ORBX models found within the core P3D simobjects folder.

Reference the non-full paths I had a look at AIM-OCI and they use full paths, however when I explored further at other scenery/aircraft that use the discovery method (addon.xml in the addon folder rather than in "Dcouments") they don't have full paths either. None of my ORBX or FlyTampa scenery have full paths, nor do the Aerosoft A3XX buses or the A2A Cessna 182 (these last two are probably more relevant as they are simobjects). There must be some flexibility if you're installing by that method as the addon.xml file is in the actual addon folder not elsewhere on the computer (e.g. Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons).

Ok I will need to install these AI models to troubleshoot.

I am currently preparing AI Lights Reborn for HF2 which is coming out very soon, so please let me finish this and I will revert back with my findings later this week.

Regards,

Simbol

No problems - it's not urgent. I can still use my Sim without issue, would just be nice to have your fantastic lights on my Australian GA traffic 🙂

It was an odd one and I thought worth bringing to your attention. Thanks for the help though (and the fantastic program) - sincerely appreciated.

6 minutes ago, pilot87 said:

No problems - it's not urgent. I can still use my Sim without issue, would just be nice to have your fantastic lights on my Australian GA traffic 🙂

It was an odd one and I thought worth bringing to your attention. Thanks for the help though (and the fantastic program) - sincerely appreciated.

No worries, I have added this as a "BUG" to fix, it will get done very soon 🙂

S.

• Like 1

I have also these errors, but it is only with ORBX NA Traffic, which is not yet officially compatible with P33Dv5. If I disable ORBX NA traffic I see no errors. ORBX AU+NZ traffic does support v5 and does not produce any error messages with AILRP either.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

I have also these errors, but it is only with ORBX NA Traffic, which is not yet officially compatible with P33Dv5. If I disable ORBX NA traffic I see no errors. ORBX AU+NZ traffic does support v5 and does not produce any error messages with AILRP either.

Thanks Nemo,

I will be working on this next week as HF2 + the release of Immersion Manager for Aerosoft family took all my energy and time..

S.

**UPDATE**

I found a bug with the detection of libraries, I will be sending to both of you a link to download an offline updater to an special version. Please test it and let me know if everything is working as expected. If it is I will make the update public.

Regards,

Simbol

Hi Simbol,

I can confirm the amended file is now picking up the Orbx models.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Cheers!

• Like 1