Sign in to follow this  
nitsaw

Issues with the falcon 50

2 hours ago, nitsaw said:

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this black line in the virtual cockpit of the Falcon 50? See link below.

Thanks

I have never seen that before. Are you using any third party addon shader programs like TomatoShade, etc? If so, try turning it off to see what happens.

You could also try deleting the sim's shader file (or renaming it to back it up) and let it rebuild the next time the sim is started. You didn't say what sim you are using, but, for example, the P3Dv5 shader file is usually at

C:\Users\your userID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders

Al

Edited by ark

Al, 

I’m on P3d 3.4 and no not using any shader programs. I’ve tried changing every setting in P3D. I thought maybe it was Ezydoc but it does it with that turned off. I only experience it with the Falcon 50! 

Thanks

Only the FA50?  Does it pan with the view or is it stationary relative to windscreen?  It almost looks like you have a multi-monitor setup and the bevel is being displayed... 

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

26 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Only the FA50?  Does it pan with the view or is it stationary relative to windscreen?  It almost looks like you have a multi-monitor setup and the bevel is being displayed... 

It would stay relatively stationary but would get better as I paned away to the left or right! I only use one monitor so I shouldn’t be setup any where for a multi-monitor setup. I would think if I was setup for multi-monitors that other A/C would be affected? I could be wrong there? 

Thanks

If it were me, as this point I would try uninstalling the Falcon, then would check and delete any files that were left over in the aircraft's location after the uninstall, and then reinstall the Falcon.

Al

4 hours ago, ark said:

If it were me, as this point I would try uninstalling the Falcon, then would check and delete any files that were left over in the aircraft's location after the uninstall, and then reinstall the Falcon.

Al

Attempted a clean install and still have the same problem. This problem started with the most recent version 2.0b. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, nitsaw said:

Attempted a clean install and still have the same problem. This problem started with the most recent version 2.0b. 

thanks 

And this only shows up with the Falcon50 loaded -- no other aircraft? 

P3D3.4 is a 32bit sim, make sure you are installing the correct version of the Falcon.

Another thought would be to try a different video driver.

Al

10 hours ago, ark said:

And this only shows up with the Falcon50 loaded -- no other aircraft? 

P3D3.4 is a 32bit sim, make sure you are installing the correct version of the Falcon.

Another thought would be to try a different video driver.

Al

Al,

Yes this problem only appears with the Falcon 50 and with no other A/C I own. I can try a different video driver later on today. And yes I’m certain I’m running the correct installer everything else works fine just the graphical glitch. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, nitsaw said:

Al,

Yes this problem only appears with the Falcon 50 and with no other A/C I own. I can try a different video driver later on today. And yes I’m certain I’m running the correct installer everything else works fine just the graphical glitch. 

Thanks

Well, this problem seems to be unique to your system since I'm not aware of anyone else reporting this particular problem. However,  I don't know how common it is for folks to be using P3Dv3.4. If anyone is successfully running the Falcon50 with P3Dv3.4, please let us know.

The only other ideas I have at this point are to look for a conflict with a third party addon, or try redownloading the installer just in the unlikely case the installer was corrupted somehow.

Al

I am using P3D v3.4 and have the Falcon 50, however mine is an older version (1.8b) and it works fine. Do you have an older version of this aircraft that worked for you? If you have not been able to resolve the graphics glitch, you may have to return to an older version that worked.. Sorry that I could not be of any further help to you.

I downloaded and installed version 2.0 and sorry to say, I do not have the same kind of problem you are experiencing. I panned all around the cockpit and did not experience anything like you are. I noticed your screen shot was taken while in flight;, Is that black line always present (in flight & on the ground)?

My video card is a GTX 1070 and I recently updated the driver; at this time I am not able to tell you what version my video driver is. 

Edited by raymie
Forgot to mention