14.jpg 

15.jpg 

16.jpg 

17.jpg 

18.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 6

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Super nice set of screenshots!!! thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

that looks nothing like a rwy 25 approach into sion

The river is wrong

The road is wrong

The railway line is wrong

the castle is missing

the hospital is missing

the rwy is gravel!

...sorry

• Like 1

Luke Pype

MaDDogz is right. This is not Sion, but Turtmann, which seems to be closed nowadays. Nice shots anyway.

• Like 1

Beautiful pictures from photoscenery, Bernd...!

The (majestic) Matterhorn looks nice....(reminds me a bit of Mount Everest). During my memorable visit to Nepal (Kathmandu)...feels like it was ages ago, though,...🙂...I could not venture closer to those ranges...(I should have!), still, it is all etched on my memory forever....The Alps, the Himalayas, and the Andes - are regions, I'm, particularly, looking forward to, in the new SIM....!

Regarding Sion and Turtmann scenery, without any RW experience, at all, to go by, Bernd, with your advance-permission, I post, below, two of my MSE top-down images (kindly note, with these two, we reached max 20). The first image is for Rwy 7 (Sion/LSGS), where the river is on RHS, and the 2nd image for Rwy 08 (Turtmann/LSMJ), with river on LHS....

Maybe, I missed, in your post: Are you approaching Sion's Rwy 25 or Rwy 07? If it's Rwy 07, then the river should be on RHS (as it appears on your shots), and if it's Rwy 25, the river should be on LHS (which is why Luke is saying the river is wrong, I think...)...Of course, about the other landmarks, that Luke seems to be knowledgeable about, within the limitations of MSE photoscenery, and my lack of knowledge, I am not qualified to comment...🙂..

In any case, thanks for sharing this lovely series of images...!!

Ihl4t5.png

7yiCIZ.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 2

Sorry, gents, my bad ! I did this flight some two months ago and decided yesterday to upload some pics here on avsim. I could have sworn yesterday that I landed in Sion, but you are correct, this is Turtmann, the now closed former military airport, still open in XP11 though. 

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080