Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Why don't posters bother???

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I have lost count of how many posts I have seen moved out of the MSFS arena written by guys who know what it's for. Do they think mods have nothing better to do? Or is "traffic" so important- like talking on a cellphone while driving. One of my posts has over 1,000 views already... may be removed, but never has one of mine been moved.Merry Christmas and a Survivable New Year:-beerchug

Donny, you are absolutely right. People DO ignore the topic of the forum and DO post there in spite of knowing the proper place to post their hardware, etc. message. It is lazy and disrespectful of the mods and our time. In short, they don't seem to care. It takes a lot of time to manage these forums and deliberately ignoring our request for "on topic" posting makes it much worse. New users doing it we can understand. But some of these posts are from people who have been in these forums for years. I guess our personal time taken to run these forums are not of much importance to these folks.

Tom et al,Maybe a solution would be to plainly remove those posts instead of moving. It may sound harsh but if people don't respect their peers and the staff maybe that's the way go?Cheers,

We can do that and in fact, short of banning folks, that is probably the best alternative. It certainly would get the poster's attention. After taking the time to type in a message and then finding it "zapped", they might think about themselves "wasting their time" instead of ours.

Yup, that's what I do on forums I moderate.New users get a single warning sometimes if a message is borderline, all others are removed without warning and repeat offenders may be banned.Works too, the number of incorrectly placed posts has dropped by over 90% since I changed from moving posts to killing them.

Guest beana51

He who is without guilt cast the first stone.You guys would make great prison guards.Soo,whats the big deal,a slip,a momentary distraction,or some other reason. Some times a poster trys to correct his error,how can he do it? . Yaa! ve have vays to convince you! Hans get za pliers!The guillotine worked too! I don't like stifling the open mind.Yes of course Da rules are Da rules. This is a private forum.In all fairness your tolerant enough. I know! This I might add is what makes this forum so great,in comparison to some of the other(Stalag's).The moderators here are most involved, in a positive way,and fair.However I feel this is labor of love for many.I don't think you can be compensated enough. Dealing with the public can be a thankless job.But what would we do with out you guys? SOOO! "CHEERS TO THE MODERATORS! AND THANKS TO THEM ALL" :-beerchug VIN

Guest Shalomar

FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.Amen.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest beana51

Donny,Donny,Donny, what are ya trying to say?,with all due respect ,now if you included cows,well then we could discuss this.As it is,...OK? I agree! And Cheers To you! Have Fun! :-beerchug VIN :+

I get the odd post moved when I accidently post in the wrong forum.I hope AVSIM doesn't start banning people. That might be me. I try not to post in wrong forums but sometimes it does happen. I'am sorry when I do it and I do try not to.JimCYWG

We're not talking about banning people who post in the wrong place once in a while.It's the people who never seem to bother to post in the correct place, probably starting with "I know this is in the wrong place but..." or something like that.We're also not talking about posts that could be in two places and we as moderators have a different idea where they're MOST appropriate.It's for example posts in the MSFS forum that are about hardware when there's a big fat warning that hardware posts don't belong there, or posts asking questions about the PSS Concorde in the PMDG forum. Even then, if someone does it once he won't get banned. If he does it a dozen times in quick succession he's obviously doing it deliberately though and will have been warned several times already.

Guest Charlie

As always, VIN, your knack for adding some perspective to a discussion is unequalled here. Thank you.When considering the trails and tribulations of man's daily struggle as he strives for the good life, the importance and priority of posting to the "proper" forum is the very least and lowest on a long list.

I agree. The ones that blatently post in the wrong forum are kind of a pain. I've seen a lot of those lately, I saw one go so far as to start out, to paraphrase, "I know this is the wrong forum, but I want it read by the most traffic." This post as I recall was in the MSFS General Forum asking about a real-world aviation subject that had nothing to do with MSFS. If you choose to removed the ones that say, "I know this is in the wrong forum", I would not blame you. That's like people without a handicapped sticker in the window parking in the handicapped space because it's more convinient for them.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Maybe it would help to move the hardware-related discussions to the root of the forum. It is kinda hard to find as a subthread of the "MS Flight Simulator General Discussion", no?Just a suggestion...Cheers.

It is a "chicken and the egg". People don't post here in Hanger Chat because few people come here to read it. Of course, if more people posted here...Is there some way to get the word out about Hanger Chat? There are always interesting threads here, and there would be a lot more if more people took a few seconds to come here. Right now in MSFS General there are at least 3 OT threads that belong here. People must just bookmark directly to there and not bother to look anywhere else?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I dunno, threads seem to get read just as often there as they do in here. People, I think, just see that there are more posts in the MSFS General and automaticly equate it to more readers, which just isn't a reliable indicator.Most of these OT posts in the MSFS forum I've seen are by people that I know know about the Hanger Chat because I see them post in here.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach