Sign in to follow this  
Dieter K.

XP GLJ Model 25 SE v3.0

Hi there,

i tried to implement the Rex WX advantage radar into the new xtreme Lear 3.0.

But the install failed - i get amessage that the radar is blocked - why?

Is there anybody which have the correct panel config and conditions to get the GTN and GTN2 panels working?

Thanks for help

greetings

Dieter 

Dieter,

I've moved your message to the P3D forum. Hopefully the correct one as the Lear can also be used in FSX-SE.

What process are you using to install it? The XP installer? There is an option on that for the Rex Wx gauge. Is that the one you used?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

i installed the Lear with it´s own Config (Option GTN panel and Rex Wx advantage radar).

moved the xml files to the correct plane, but the wx radar is not working!!

P3DV4.5 HF2

Edited by Dieter K.

Dieter, have you turned the Inverters on? Both primary and secondary.

I'm concerned about you moving xml files. That isn't required. What file have you moved and to where?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes - Inverters are on.The GTN panels working correctly.

Thera are a custom panels folder inside XP_Gates_Learjet_25_v3_Classic.

And there i found RXP_GTN750_650_Rex_Radar folder which include the panel config and custom_GTN_controls.xml /custom_radar_controls.xml

Edited by Dieter K.

It shouldn't be necessary to physically move any files. The installer will do all this is required. Have you tried the Retrofitted aircraft? Try it just to see if the radar works on that.

If it doesn't I suggest you uninstall and reinstall and don't move any xml files manually. It isn't required. If you use Active Sky wx go to LTBU where there is rain at present.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

after reinstalling the plane (without any move of files) i get the same situation.

The mode selector knob of radar (any aircraft) is not working!!

Inverters On but no positive result

Press Shift+3. The 2D panel will show. Turn it on there. Does it work?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Okay. From the P3D menu select Vehicle - Instrument Panel. Do you see Wx Advantage Radar listed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Dieter K. said:

Yes its listened and ticked off

Then turn it to Test. Do you see the test radar working? Then turn it to Wx. What happens? Make sure you're at an airport with rain.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Dieter K. said:

Moving the knob to test is not possible

Then the Rex Wx Radar program needs reinstalling. That should solve the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather